1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

TAXI DRIVERS GET TIPPED

Discussion in 'Tips' started by Sita, Oct 16, 2016.

1. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Tips ensure good service in service industry jobs. Its that simple. For the record tho I always tip uber when I ride. I feel sorry for you all. Uber feels that stars ensure good service lol. Ill stick to just getting handed cash any day. BTW I drive a taxi and not only do my fares pay 3x more 90% tip and about 10% tip 20+. Id never stiff an uber driver you guys work for tips.

grams777 likes this.
  2. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I work whole shifts without tips sometimes. Then I'll do a shift where $100 of my revenue is tips!
    Travis is a bitter little man who didn't want a side stream of revenue coming in that he didn't have access to any of.

grams777 likes this.
  3. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

Yes, I am enjoying them. If Uber lowers them I will probably stop Ubering. It will depend on guarantees.

4. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    the guarantees will typical last a few months then disappear.

5. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

6. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Fail.
    Learn to work the quote feature properly.
    You must be on the Short Bus team at your "real job".

7. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Well gosh, with your help I'm sure I'll be at the top of my game any day now. If the best you can do is point out a typo that leads to a format error you must be running short of input. Good thing you've never made a typo on this forum, right? :)

I usually correct my typos when I see them, but I'll leave that one because your reaction was so funny.

8. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

I had work before Uber and I will again after. It is what it is.

9. UofMDriver

UofMDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just added a tip cup today, and yes it does help get tips! Tip and rating signs for headrest ordered.

10. UberTrucker

UberTrucker Well-Known Member

I'll give u a tip alright!!!

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  11. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Ok.. so this shift is going down as a really bad one as far as tips go. With no tourists in town I spent the night working the hood and I'm about $5 short of my meter grand total. 3 times today I ended up shorting myself on fares because he passenger wanted exact change back(meter is $10.80 they want all $9.20 plus a passenger who was over $10.00 short on paying their meter.

Taking cash isn't all always better than credit.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  12. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Sometimes you just have to work the hood wer the poor uber drivers live and they are just too cheap to pay you the entire meter let alone tip you

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  13. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    Tip jar for Uber , and drive Lyft, you get tips thru the app.

Wèeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Blackout 702 likes this.
  14. Ecofriend66

Ecofriend66 New Member

It's more Ubers fault for not offering a tipping option and from the very beginning telling Riders that tipping is it against Ubers policy... yes they lightened up on that policy since, but it's too late it's already in riders minds not to tip! Also a lot of riders don't have cash with them.

The next time Uber asks you to rate them put something like this in the comments section:

I love driving for Uber, but you get an 8 instead of a10 because you don't offer a tipping option for riders. When I go above and beyond my riders say they want to tip me, but they can't and that's pretty sad! Please Uber give a cashless option for riders to tip drivers and I guarantee driver retention and rider satisfaction will go up!

15. Brunch

Brunch Active Member

According to Ashton Kutcher you should get a tip if you deliver a baby while driving for Uber. We also learn the difference of 4.8 and 4.79 is .1 and studies show it is better to get a higher wage than to receive tips. That's why Uber doesn't want passengers to tip because you get paid well.

It's good they don't accept cash for safety reasons. Also, that would be an awkward exchange when you're leaving the vehicle to give the driver cash. If everyone doesn't tip, nobody will feel cheap. Our engineers couldn't add a tipping option to the app because we've copied Lyft with too many other features and we wouldn't get a percentage of that income.

Wait, disregard the cashless experience, and don't worry, it's still the norm not to tip: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/11/uber-cash-payments-colorado-springs/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  16. DaveYanakov

DaveYanakov Member

I have a cashless option for tips driving for Uber. Square takes 2.75% but has increased tipping from $37 in two months to paying for my gas, oil changes and a good chunk of my meals

17. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    I have a tip box and a sign, it works great!