Taxi Drivers Also Claim Benefits

Beepbeep41

After much investigation and asking around I was able to confirm that the majority of Taxi drivers were also on benefits like unemployment, sickness and family benefits. The reason Taxi driving appealed to drivers over Uber was the mare fact they were payed in cash at the end of each shift. All a taxi driver has to do to remain Anonymous to the ATO was to not log his ABN into the eftpos machine at the start of each shift.

Unlike Uber drivers Taxi drivers lived in an untraceable cash only system. Uber drivers have every cent traceable due to the fact they only have money paid directly into their Australian bank account. Next time your in a Taxi ask the driver about this and he/she will quickly be unable to speak English.

Taxi drivers are ALL guilty of tax avoidance and unlawful claiming of Australian benefits. It is simply impossible for an Uber driver to do the same...

Beepbeep41

It’s simple maths, Uber has taken so much business that’s what they have to do to keep the cars on the street.

Who is John Galt?

After much investigation and asking around I was able to confirm that the majority of Taxi drivers were also on benefits like unemployment, sickness and family benefits.
yadda, yadda, yadda......
Next time your in a Taxi ask the driver about this and he/she will quickly be unable to speak English.

So, after all the investigation with all the drivers who are "unable to speak English", it becomes bleedin' obvious that the (taxi) drivers are ripping off social security benefits? What language did you communicate with? Is there a language called Assumption? Why did you even bother conducting an 'investigation'.
What a crock !

edit reason - grammar and finessing

Last edited:

Beepbeep41

Perhaps the only way a driver can be completely honest is to be the owner of the car and plates and had payed them off before Uber showed up. Who’s in that situation? Not many if any!

Beepbeep41

I chucked Uber in and drove a Taxi. I quickly figured out the money on the Friday and Saturdays nights has gone. To make ends meat I’d have to make at least $250 a week day after the 50/50 split and that was never gonna happen. I Asked around the ranks and spoke to fellow drivers...

Also had to pay 50/50 fuel. What a joke!

Who is John Galt?

I chucked Uber in and drove a Taxi. I quickly figured out the money on the Friday and Saturdays nights has gone. To make ends meat I’d have to make at least $250 a week day after the 50/50 split and that was never gonna happen. I Asked around the ranks and spoke to fellow drivers...

Also had to pay 50/50 fuel. What a joke!

Perhaps you should spend less time during the afternoon 'making love with your wife', and spend more time on the road.

(I know - pot kettle black :biggrin: )

Beepbeep41

Funny enough I had a large bloke threatening me over the %10 eftpos charge so I pushed the button to log the event in the security system so it couldn’t be looped over. When I arrived back to base I told the fleet manager and it wound up the only thing that works on the cameras is the green flashing light!! I should of realised this as the car had done over 900,000k and drove down the road like a crab with squeaky brakes and Panel damage!!! When I started to rip into the fleet manager he pretty much said they no longer had the money to do the up keep on the vehicles and were now pretty much relying on back yard mechanics and beating out dented panels themselves...

Beepbeep41

oober drivers have copped so many pay cuts plus a 10% GST cut to their income you mean...

Uber has the quantity of rides, Taxi goes for the single ride that’s gonna make a Drivers day...

All you need is a couple of 30min rides per day in a Taxi + an illegal government benefit top up and bobs your uncle.

tigermanmantiger5

Uber has the quantity of rides, Taxi goes for the single ride that’s gonna make a Drivers day...

All you need is a couple of 30min rides per day in a Taxi + an illegal government benefit top up and bobs your uncle.
123 lets all get back in the room. Boy O Boy Im in the land of dribble.