Taxi driver with no bulletproof partition!!! Lowest point in my life. UBER IS A NEW LOW POINT

UBERisGROSS

This is the grossest existence. Ghetto pax saying things like, this is a nice car, how much u pay for it? ( Nissan) really??? Gave off a weird vibe, let him out to go to the ATM and I burnt off, ended trip. He gave me 1 star. Who cars... I'm turning this exchange leasing car in and chalking this decision up to my mistake... Uber lease is a self flushing process. You can't make $$, time and math don't lie. Uber is a HORRIBLE!!!!! Decision. Typical pax.. Hi, how's your day going? How long, how do you like driving? Bla bla... Look a pax is either super poor, high, drunk or no license... All having a sense of entitlement ( except for the occasional professional, 1 every two or three days. To stay busy you must hang in the ghetto. I'm done with this discussing jack job. I hope uber leaves Houston.

Kmiles

Yea, give it up based on the fact you have a lease through Uber.

If you can finance a vehicle with better terns, then do Uber. Or buy one outright.
I only work days around the airports and downtown - which usually sends me back to the airport. The professionals say very little or don't say crap at all and I love it.

More Cowbell

Not sure how anyone can make a dime with an Uber Leasing note.

But I don't do ghetto, never have, never will. Probably 85%+ of my pax are professional folks, others are mall rats or restaurant workers. And usually keep fairly busy with the occasional off day. I always talk to them about their industry, more often than not get a tip. Gotta know the city, & how to relate with folk.

But I feel your pain brother :frown:

UBERisGROSS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok... I'm beginning to think UBER corporate post on here.... Hey cowbell, I'm from this town, I know cheap people rich people straight people gay people white people brown people and black people and I can successfully relate to them all without a problem... Now let's get back to "math don't lie" unless your in too much denial.. I get it, if so just breath deep and clear your mind... I got my lease car 1 week ago today, the mileage was 6.. It now reads 1706..... Who in there right mind would put that type of wear on there own car??? Seriously, this taxi job pays $12 an hour at best and you may need a line of tweek to stay up long enough to accomplish that. This is a great job for someone from a third world country that just arrived here ( greatful as all get out. Anything beats getting popped on the head with a stick by government police Everyday). Uber better ramp up the campaign of new drivers before word gets out and it's a lost cause. And that "relating to folks" comment you made... I'll help you for free... Original Houstonians will always see Uber as a service to utilize when drunk or high, aside from that when the're of sober mind they view it as sitting in a broke persons car... Uber won't make it here.. Anyone who would do this crap full time won't be able to pass the background and criminal screening...after reading your post again I'm convinced your paid by Uber. Good business plan, exploitation is good bro... However it doesn't last... Pay more and chase the long ball here in Houston. If you want me to shut my mouth I'll take 100 large, until then I'm bashin the @@@ outa UBER....

More Cowbell

As a new forum member with 2 posts, & apparantly can't read any of my previous posts, guess you know all about me & can label me Uber employee. Uh huh. And you've been driving for all of a week so you know everything about driving uber. Uh huh.

If u drive in the ghetto, you'll have ghetto pax. If u drive at midnight to 3, you'll have drunks. I don't do either. And with tips, average 14-18 per hour. Full time.

And I passed all the security screening, used to have a dod & doe clearance so I know I would. But with your vast experience, you know better of course saying no full timer can pass it.

Not saying it's for everyone. If you would take half a minute to read any of my previous posts, you'll see Ive encouraged others to leave.

And I encourage u to leave. You think u know it all, but have no clue on what to do so u sit in the ghetto picking up hood rats, drunks, and users while @@@@@ing about Uber. Yea, Uber sucks, no argument there. But WTF are u doing?

But if u believe you need bullet proof glass, all your rides are ghetto rats, and find it impossible to break 14 an hour..... You're lost. Quit. Bahbye.

Richard Cranium

Dear Mr. New Member,

Many of us on here have a College Education however are having to take what we can get job wise as we worked in Oil and Gas (No not at your corner store so don't go there).
I have personally met and/or spoken verbally to several people on here and had private OFFLINE conversations with others on other Forums. I have been working longer than you have been alive (based on your writing style) and you seem as if you are possibly a drug user (Your comment about Methamphetamine aka "tweek") I drink coffee to stay awake and do not use drugs. Why would you even say that in a public forum unless you are or trolling to see who does Meth IMHO. Possibly to find a new connect?

Truly, you have NO IDEA what you are speaking of as I am sure Uber Posts on here, but believe me, I have seen people come and go in my time here and I have just one question for you:

What branch of Uber are YOU with?

Unbelievable...

RC

ps) I will give you 100 large to STFU where do you want to meet?

I'm not sure what to think of either of the protagonist in this post. One clearly new and a bit off base but not totally and the other seems to be of sound mid although I find it very hard to believe more than half of your clients tip. I cannot say you are lying but seems a bit high to me. It certainly is possible that you are that good. It's possible...

Richard Cranium

Dear Mr. New Member,

Many of us on here have a College Education however are having to take what we can get job wise as we worked in Oil and Gas (No not at your corner store so don't go there).
I have personally met and/or spoken verbally to several people on here and had private OFFLINE conversations with others on other Forums. I have been working longer than you have been alive (based on your writing style) and you seem as if you are possibly a drug user (Your comment about Methamphetamine aka "tweek") I drink coffee to stay awake and do not use drugs. Why would you even say that in a public forum unless you are or trolling to see who does Meth IMHO. Possibly to find a new connect?

Truly, you have NO IDEA what you are speaking of as I am sure Uber Posts on here, but believe me, I have seen people come and go in my time here and I have just one question for you:

What branch of Uber are YOU with?

Unbelievable...

RC

ps) I will give you 100 large to STFU where do you want to meet?

*CRICKETS*

HOW YOU DOIN!

RC

More Cowbell

Didn't say half. But I usually get 20-25 in daily tips, enough for gas & some fast food somewhere. No tip sign, I don't beg & lower myself to an inferior service worker. My rating is ok, fluctuating between 4.88-4.90 last 500 rides.

I don't do the asinine water & gum bs. Most my rides are airport to hotel & back, so I know my riders. I read and stash the daily wall street journal in the door pocket & offer it to the quiet riders. If they're on their laptop, I offer my WiFi & password. Have an iPhone charger in the back, iphones are always needing a charge. I always offer to stop & wait at a liquor or drugstore if going to a hotel, half say yes... Shampoo was confiscated or forgot toothpaste or whatever. I tell them Uber doesn't like it when I stop & wait, but no problem.... Makes them feel special. I start out a long trip by looking at the route, tell them google maps is suggesting blah blah blah, but let me find a shortcut for you, just heard on the radio an accident on 45 (or 59, 610, whatever) & take a little longer route.

Most important, I have decades of experience talking with & advising C level & mgmt execs, countless training seminars... That's why I do daytime airport runs, not the cheap ass millennials in the Heights, or pub crawlers at night. If you can't get them to laugh & enjoy their ride, or relate to them with engrossing conversation , u have no chance of any tip. And I'm not listing this out because I'm on ubers payroll, just a few things that work for me.

Have many more, maybe I'll write a friggin ebook, get me some of that life changing money :confused:

painfreepc

But I don't do ghetto, never have, never will. Probably 85%+ of my pax are professional folks, others are mall rats or restaurant workers. And usually keep fairly busy with the occasional off day. I always talk to them about their industry, more often than not get a tip. Gotta know the city, & how to relate with folk.

Yeah that's what passengers Need after a hard day at work, they want to talk to you about their work and their industry, just like we like talking to Passengers about uber and lyft, give me a break..

More Cowbell

Yeah that's what passengers Need after a hard day at work, they want to talk to you about their work and their industry, just like we like talking to Passengers about uber and lyft, give me a break..
Lets see, a few conversations last few days:
1. [real estate developer] over building in Houston while office space is at historical high
2. [med research intern] using molecular DNA modifications to find cure for alzheimers
3. [big 4 financial adv] asking advice on dealing with alcoholic coworker after speakerphone conference call
4. [corporate lawyer] using enterprise document mgmt systems to uncover smoking gun in acquisitions
5. [petroleum engineer] capping dormant wells in Gulf at all time high, huge profits
6. [marketeer] disconnect between sales & marketing because of different performance metrics
7. [tourist agent] social & cultural differences between Taipei & Houston
8. [minister] Popes liberal outlook being factor of Jesuit background
9. [SW project manager] challenges integrating an obsolete LIMS into SAP at a petrochemical company
10 [retail store worker] crazy family's she had to put up with during annual tax free weekend

Guess people don't like to talk about their jobs, huh? Guess you believe they want to talk about Uber when they ask you how long you've been driving & do u like it?

Give me a break.:rolleyes:

I'm

I said over 50℅. because you said "more often than not you get a tip". I hope you can understand that more often than not means more than 50℅. I don't know much about you so I cant say that you are a liar but I certainly can say you are a bit full of yourself which is fine, but please understand what you post even if it is fiction.