Taxi commission fines

Crazyone

Hi guys this morning i have dropped customers at the international terminal. And i have received fine from taxi commission for $2000.

Beaware while driving to the airport.

Jwoodsa

You must end you trip as you head up the ramp,turn off the app and clue your pax up that if they ask your dropping off a friend (just hope they comply).
Don't even talk to the TSC they cant prove your Uber unless you admit it or they see your app running.

whatsataxi

Kinda pointless them even issuing fines now. Didn't a heap of them just get dropped? I've only been approached once by the TSC, they asked if I was a Uber driver, I said none of your business. They didn't like that much but screw em, unless its a cop I don't have to answer anything and let them know that.

Graham J

Hi Crazyone, can you share with us how it happened, who spoke to who, who admitted you were an Uber driver and exactly what the sequence of events were. The other weird thing is that the fine amounts are all over the place, $2000 for you, $900 for someone else

Graham J

Joffie, good point and may explain why the fines are all over the shop because they are simply being made up! I have a suspicion (just a suspicion) that some taxi drivers are trying to play games with us. Won't share what has happened to me a few times because it might give some of the less imaginative ones a few tips. Other than a slight inconvenience no harm done! I have reached out to Uber "Support" on this but more as a futile exercise because don't expect anything from them.

LevelX

I have a suspicion (just a suspicion) that some taxi drivers are trying to play games with us.
Hmmmm Crazyone seems to be a one post wonder.... Maybe a taxi driver, maybe not.

Take care out at the airport people!

Crazyone, post a pic of the fine, blank out personal info of course.....

John smith4321

Vic goverment closed the loophole which uber used in the brenner apeal. Thats why they are still issuing fines. Its gonna take another year or two to get through the courts again. Uber will then find another loophole

Graham J

Let's put this to bed once and for all! Are there any real Uber drivers who have been "accosted" by the Taxi Commission at the airport or anywhere else for that matter. As soon as Crazyone was challenged he disappeared faster than a fart in a fan factory so unless you are willing to share a copy of the notice and details then you are probably a taxi driver putting in a very much misplaced effort to intimidate Uber drivers and you're not welcome in this forum. Just remember Mr Brenner was not challenged at the airport, taxi rank or anywhere else. He was "caught" by the Taxi Commission conducting a very well organised sting.