1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Taxes due

Discussion in 'New York City' started by NycNYC88, Apr 17, 2018.

1. NycNYC88

NycNYC88 New Member

hey guys. today is the last day to file taxes. can anyone recommend a place that doesn't cost a fortune please and does good taxes for uber. I appreciate your help.
    thanks

2. tommy4689

tommy4689 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wait until midnight to find a good accountant lol.

jaybx17 and BOO3 like this.
  3. SlyWolf

SlyWolf Well-Known Member

Just file an extension

RoadDemon13 likes this.
  4. tommy4689

tommy4689 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah you can file for extension online for both federal and state though both need to be done on separate sites. Then you will have until Ocotober to complete your taxes. I can do those for only $20 if you guys are interested!

5. NycNYC88

NycNYC88 New Member

how much were you guys charged for someone to do your taxes?

6. Lenny_yellow_cab

Lenny_yellow_cab Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My accountant charged me $225

File an extension online till October because u are super late lol

7. theitalian

theitalian Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    At least he is trying to pay taxes: the major of app drivers think that Uber pay for it and they are tax free.

8. Uberboyz

Uberboyz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My accountant costed me $125. But he did everything “fair”, which sucks a lot.

Taznum8 and jaybx17 like this.
  9. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Well-Known Member

Let me get right?

You the highest quality for the lowest payment....

Yup , you got a cold case of Uber symdrom

Bet you dont tip for good service either...lol

10. unitxero

unitxero UBER Emp #2266971 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    You're also due on your estimated quarterly taxes too for this year if you haven't paid that already.

Jim1985 likes this.
  11. RoadDemon13

RoadDemon13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Can you share his info

12. Jim1985

Jim1985 Well-Known Member

Dont matter. He is wayyy to busy. He wasnt available to do my taxes because i tried to do em last week and he was booked. Try generic places like liberty tax or jackson hewitt etc

13. K.O.N.Y

K.O.N.Y Well-Known Member

U can file anytime u wanna file, but it better be before the IRS realizes that u didnt file.

Lenny_yellow_cab likes this.
  14. Bluefox30

Bluefox30 Well-Known Member

File for a extension,find and good a accountant.

15. Pannyc

Pannyc Active Member

For a simple case , u can file for free by urself. Not that difficult as long u know what deductions/expenses u r claiming.

Try h and r block online, free upto 66000 gross... very hard for u to have that after deductions unless u r ubermike 24/7

16. Five Star

Five Star Well-Known Member

Your guy is good. No nonsense. He has a file just for “Uber drivers” he told me he does almost 30 every year.But he’s only filing extensions today.

RoadDemon13 and Lenny_yellow_cab like this.
  17. RoadDemon13

RoadDemon13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Im filing an extension myself I just need a good accountant on hand period I could use him in october

Can y’all message me his info

18. uberxnyc1

uberxnyc1 Well-Known Member

I learned this guy from Lenny_yellow_cabLenny_yellow_cab , he is pretty good, lots of tlc guys doing with him, he did my taxes last 3 years.

[​IMG]

19. AtSki

AtSki Active Member

That accountant above is pure garbage. I left him a message with his assistant twice in the last month.

First one he did return my call, after I told him I was an FHV driver with my own single member LLC, he said "Call me Monday" and hung up the phone.

After that I called him again on Monday (one of the Monday's of March) and left a message with his assistant, never got back to me.

Can't deal with rude mofos with attitude, like I should beg him to do my taxes, etc.

Most accountants, attorneys and insurance brokers are like that (rude mofos) towards the potential clients when they know that the client is an FHV/limo or taxi driver.

So, eventually I took my business elsewhere. They all can go and "F" themselves!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  20. Alone44

Alone44 Well-Known Member

You know that it's completely right in meet some drivers and they have no idea about taxes. Plus they argue with me telling me that taxes are paid from the 10% they take from the rides. I had nothing to say I just was like wow!