Task Apps

dannyg1

Does anybody here use a task app. I have a specific service I think would fit in with uber / lyft which would be on demand and create cash during downtime.

Maven

Does anybody here use a task app. I have a specific service I think would fit in with uber / lyft which would be on demand and create cash during downtime.
If you're not simply trolling then please provide specifics. It it real or just a concept? If real then what service? How would the service work and "and create cash during downtime"? Why in "Other" forum and not "technology"?

dannyg1

My idea consists of an on demand service in certain markets during a certain time of year. Costs no gas if it's on your route and a win / win for both parties at the right price. I would explain but Id like to pitch it to Uber or Lyft first.

Maven

My idea consists of an on demand service in certain markets during a certain time of year. Costs no gas if it's on your route and a win / win for both parties at the right price. I would explain but Id like to pitch it to Uber or Lyft first.
So, a concept, not a real thing. If you are serious about pitching "to Uber or Lyft first" then I strongly suggest that you consult a lawyer, possibly look into a patent, or expect to have your idea stolen if it has any merit.

dannyg1

Working on a patent right now. However if I say what it is you'll be like why the hell didn't this exist before.

Maven

Working on a patent right now. However if I say what it is you'll be like why the hell didn't this exist before.
If you are serious and believe in your idea then I understand why you would not share details before obtaining a patent. However, having a patent, while a good first step, is not enough protection. I still recommend a lawyer before approaching Uber or Lyft. Good luck :smiles:

dannyg1

I might just turn it into a standalone. I estimate it could pull in around $60 + an hour solid on the high end or a subscription based fee of $30 a month. My fee would be 10 percent.

Maven

I might just turn it into a standalone. I estimate it could pull in around $60 + an hour solid on the high end or a subscription based fee of $30 a month. My fee would be 10 percent.
While that may be true, until I hear specifics of how it actually works, it is all just fantasy and folderol.