Tampa Airport Problems

Has anyone had problems with the line at TPA and getting cancellations or pushed to the end of queue

• Yes, I get cancellations at TPA or get put at the end of the line again for no reason.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No, never had a problem with Uber.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

roadapple

Driving at the Tampa airport is very frustrating. Here are just 2 or 3 or the incidents that have happened.

Wednesday, I received a ride request while sitting in the Cellphone parking lot, where we're supposed to be. I went to Blue United where the rider was supposed to be, couldn't locate him, so I called. He said he was already in my car, look in the back seat. He was in another Uber car, and he then said the other Uber driver is taking me to my destination, thanks anyway. So now, any driver can pick up any Uber rider and get paid? How does that work? That's the 2nd time in 6 months this has happened. I immediately called Uber to complain and the guy in India told me "we're very sorry, but there is nothing we can do as you did not pick up the rider, and he cancelled. They didn't even give me a cancel fee and they stuck me 128th in line.

Yesterday, my turn came up after waiting 90 minutes, I got halfway to the terminal and the rider cancelled. I received $4 fee AND they sent me to the back of the line again (68th position). Why when you get a cancel in transit to the terminal do they stick you in the back of the line instead of giving you the NEXT RIDE??? They would have to write a line of code to their app to do this is all.

For the past several months, I'd be sitting there at position 12, position 18, position 3, and all of a sudden Uber sticks me to the back of the line for no reason after I've waited my time for a ride. This always seems to happen after I call Uber with a complaint or a question though, every time, without fail. So Uber punishes us for speaking our mind, asking questions or voicing a concern? This happened both times I called this week. That same evening I kept getting bumped back in line, so much so that I left TPA to be able to work.

Why does Uber punish people for voicing opinions or concerns? They told me they do nor have that capability, yet as soon as they hang up, I'm at the back of the line again.

And the guys from India always tell you "how sorry they are for the problem", but there is never an adequate answer. They read from a prepared script only. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and each time they argue with you telling you that there is nothing they can do for you either, which is probably true. Finally Wednesday I demanded respectfully and repeatedly, again and again, to speak to a supervisor and he finally told me I'll get you a supervisor, and put me on hold... and never came back. No supervisor, nothing... waited for over 30 minutes.... I finally hung up. Uber doesn't care about the drivers. We're just their money train and we are expendable, by the thousands.

SEAL Team 5

I remember in '78 that Tampa International was one of the most state of the art airports with its tramway and moving sidewalks to the concourses and the Buccaneers were state of the art in losing with a 2-26 record through their first two years.

Steve B..

No, never had any problem at all with the queue at TPA.

It wouldn't make sense for phone reps to have access to reset you to the end of the line in the queue but perhaps there is a "feature" that makes you offline while you're talking to support so you go to the end of the queue when you're done with them. Why in the heck are you calling support so much that this is an issue? Just curious, I've never felt the need to call them over anything.

Also wondering.. Why would you wait 90 minutes for an airport trip? Every time I wait at the airport the trip is a big nothing. Last time I waited over an hour and got a trip to spruce street. Minimum fee. I haven't waited at the airport since then, just makes no sense to me to sit out there in that mini bake oven parking lot either sweating or wasting gas for an hour to make $3.00

DAG

RoadApple,
Looks like you've been UBERing for a while. Have you EVER had a good airport trip?

My experiences have been between so-so and fairly good; BUT, recently (had nothing to do with Hurricane Irma), I have entered the queue at a low number, say 12, then a few minutes later I'm at 13 or 14. My positions goes UP, not down where it should.

ALSO, I have not seen any of the 100+ queues in over a month. One day, I actually counted 89 UBER cars, but queue on my screen said 29 when I entered the lot.

I have a personal formula for my airport waits. First, I only go there if I am dropping off OR traveling around Westshore and Spruce with no pings or PAX.

When I enter the queue, I look at length of queue and number of LANDED planes to determine if I want to wait.

roadapple

RoadApple,
Looks like you've been UBERing for a while. Have you EVER had a good airport trip?

My experiences have been between so-so and fairly good; BUT, recently (had nothing to do with Hurricane Irma), I have entered the queue at a low number, say 12, then a few minutes later I'm at 13 or 14. My positions goes UP, not down where it should.

ALSO, I have not seen any of the 100+ queues in over a month. One day, I actually counted 89 UBER cars, but queue on my screen said 29 when I entered the lot.

I have a personal formula for my airport waits. First, I only go there if I am dropping off OR traveling around Westshore and Spruce with no pings or PAX.

When I enter the queue, I look at length of queue and number of LANDED planes to determine if I want to wait.

I actually get many good airport trips. But that is not the point. The point is that if they cancel a ride, the driver should automatically get the next ride. Common sense eh? I've been in queue with 128 cars and it takes 20 minutes to get a ride. I've been in line with 80 cars and it takes well over an hour. There is no "normal", which is no big deal. And I'm not the only one that gets sent to the end of the line randomly or that gets cancelled and stuck back. I've talked to several other drivers with the same experiences.

Uberglenn

The only problem I have with the Tampa que is entering the que itself. I enter the airport and sometimes the que will automatically appear with a number of cars on it, other times I have to turn on turn off the entire system just to get into the que

roadapple

When this happens, which is 1/2 the time, you can press the little airport icon and it tells you the number of cars in the queue, but NOT your place in the queue, like it does sometimes.

Reactions: DAG

Ubertimes

Driving at the Tampa airport is very frustrating. Here are just 2 or 3 or the incidents that have happened.

Wednesday, I received a ride request while sitting in the Cellphone parking lot, where we're supposed to be. I went to Blue United where the rider was supposed to be, couldn't locate him, so I called. He said he was already in my car, look in the back seat. He was in another Uber car, and he then said the other Uber driver is taking me to my destination, thanks anyway. So now, any driver can pick up any Uber rider and get paid? How does that work? That's the 2nd time in 6 months this has happened. I immediately called Uber to complain and the guy in India told me "we're very sorry, but there is nothing we can do as you did not pick up the rider, and he cancelled. They didn't even give me a cancel fee and they stuck me 128th in line.

Yesterday, my turn came up after waiting 90 minutes, I got halfway to the terminal and the rider cancelled. I received $4 fee AND they sent me to the back of the line again (68th position). Why when you get a cancel in transit to the terminal do they stick you in the back of the line instead of giving you the NEXT RIDE??? They would have to write a line of code to their app to do this is all.

For the past several months, I'd be sitting there at position 12, position 18, position 3, and all of a sudden Uber sticks me to the back of the line for no reason after I've waited my time for a ride. This always seems to happen after I call Uber with a complaint or a question though, every time, without fail. So Uber punishes us for speaking our mind, asking questions or voicing a concern? This happened both times I called this week. That same evening I kept getting bumped back in line, so much so that I left TPA to be able to work.

Why does Uber punish people for voicing opinions or concerns? They told me they do nor have that capability, yet as soon as they hang up, I'm at the back of the line again.

And the guys from India always tell you "how sorry they are for the problem", but there is never an adequate answer. They read from a prepared script only. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and each time they argue with you telling you that there is nothing they can do for you either, which is probably true. Finally Wednesday I demanded respectfully and repeatedly, again and again, to speak to a supervisor and he finally told me I'll get you a supervisor, and put me on hold... and never came back. No supervisor, nothing... waited for over 30 minutes.... I finally hung up. Uber doesn't care about the drivers. We're just their money train and we are expendable, by the thousands.

I've been driving for 2 years
I have never called Uber
Why do you waist time
Quite and get another job that you enjoy
Uber is not for you if they
Are constantly persecuting you!

DAG

. . . . Quit and get another job that you enjoy. Uber is not for you if they are constantly persecuting you!
I empathize a bit with the RoadApple. For nearly two years, I have been unable to find another job AND I HAVE SKILLS!!!
Unfortunately for me, I need a sedentary job because I can neither stand nor walk for extended periods. Interviewers have questioned my "agility", perhaps illegally; but, age discrimination cases are harder to pursue than grumbling to UBER. Both seem unfruitful. :wink: Anyway "getting another job is harder than it sounds".

UberPasco

I empathize a bit with the RoadApple. For nearly two years, I have been unable to find another job AND I HAVE SKILLS!!!
Unfortunately for me, I need a sedentary job because I can neither stand nor walk for extended periods. Interviewers have questioned my "agility", perhaps illegally; but, age discrimination cases are harder to pursue than grumbling to UBER. Both seem unfruitful. :wink: Anyway "getting another job is harder than it sounds".
Congratulations! This is your 100th post about your "rusty skills" and need for a "sedentary" job! Looking forward to the next 100!

Rakos

I remember in '78 that Tampa International was one of the most state of the art airports with its tramway and moving sidewalks to the concourses and the Buccaneers were state of the art in losing with a 2-26 record through their first two years.

Funny...I have that very same memory...

You used to be able to ride...

The shuttles all the way to the gate...

That was fun...did it a lot...8>)

Rakos