1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tampa airport, how I hate thee.

Discussion in 'Tampa' started by TedInTampa, Mar 26, 2018.

1. TedInTampa

TedInTampa

When I started over a year ago, drivers were in the queue anywhere on airport property. I parked in 1 free hour short term parking, used the airport restrooms, sometimes ate in the airport Wendy's. Then they required us to be in the cell phone waiting lot...it had restrooms like an interstate rest area. Now, we are at the corner if the airport property, over 3 miles from the pickup area. A trailer restroom was just removed. A row of overflowing port-a-johns replaced it. So glad I only had to pee. Now they don't want us to litter. I don't think there is a trash can! Yes, I avoid that lot. TPA hates ride share...and I don't know why.

Attached Files:

MikiG likes this.
  2. June132017

June132017

They should put in a trashcan how ridiculous.

MoreTips likes this.
  3. disp350

disp350

Isn't that where the Bucs training site used to be (live around there 20 years ago)? They make you wait all the way over there? Wow, they moved us in Philly to the very south end, but at least as soon as you turn out of the lot, you are already in the arrivals area in 30 seconds.

4. njn

njn

I see large blue and gray trashcans in the second picture.

5. Wait - the fact that they have to tell adult grown men and women drivers that they shouldn't be littering is a bit astounding. Who litters in this day and age? What are these people, feral? Who is raising their children to think littering is acceptable?? WHO??!!

What the **** is going on in this world??!!

MoreTips, UberPasco and Rakos like this.
  6. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Take a day trip south of the border to Juarez, Puerto Penasco, Sonoyta, Tiajuana, Nogales or any of the other 200 border towns of Mexico. Our streets are looking much like there's now. JMO

unPat likes this.
  7. unPat

unPat

You can’t blame the drivers and Uber on this one. Its the mismanagement by the airport authority. They want to collect millions of dollars from Uber for just picking people from the airport but they don’t to do their part.
    It’s the same here in our market. Uber x were allowed to pick up people from the Orlando airport after July 2017. They assigned a small parking space as a staging lot right next to the historic B52 memorial park. There were no thrash cans and no toilets for almost 3 months. Now they have portable toilets but they are in the worst shape. They get $5.80 per ride and almost 44 million used the airport in 2017.

8. kdyrpr

kdyrpr

So true. Imagine the brain waves of someone who just finishes a fast food meal and decides to chuck it out the window? What other non-human like behavior do the exhibit??

9. TedInTampa

TedInTampa

When we were using the cell phone lot, I would first use the restroom, then start cleaning my van. I knew I would be there a while, so I got all the trash and placed it in the can. Now, I need to just avoid the queue area. It is a place to loose money.

10. Veju

Veju

And you get to do it for under a buck a mile, Uber on.

Signal Twenty likes this.
  11. kdyrpr

kdyrpr

BEFORE Uber's cut.

12. Ronnyg

Ronnyg

Well Fort Lauderdale airport is the same way and there’s no toilets not even port o johns and it’s a 11 min drive to the pick up spot I haven’t picked up anyone there in a long time. I think the taxi drivers are paying them to do this it’s to discourage uber drivers from coming there and I can tell you it’s working.

13. Prisoners pick up the trash on the road in Indianapolis...throwing garbage in the road is a community service

14. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    You know...

Tampa drivers are just pigs...8>O

They didn't take long to screw it up...

The airport brought a very nice trailer...

And set it up...bathrooms...break areas...

Inside from the weather...8>)

When they put it in I speculated...

that it would only be a few weeks..

Till they abused and wrecked it...

There was even a sign cautioning...8>O

Well...they got what they deserve...

Hope they are happy now...8>(

The monkeys rant is over...Oh Well...

Rakos
    Screenshot_20180327-134912.png

UberPasco likes this.
  15. sillymako83

sillymako83

I wish more suckers would hang in the pick up lot, and clear the common roads.
    I have/will never wait for an airport pickup. At these rates and gas prices, no airport pick up is logical. Love the pinheads that think a $15 ride to Clearwater is a score. Just stupid.

MoreTips, Rakos and HotUberMess like this.
  16. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

It’s almost as if a higher power is saying “Quit waiting at the airport for rides”. Almost.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  17. sillymako83

sillymako83

Common sense has been saying don’t wait for airport rides since the queue started. But suckers will always be suckers.

MoreTips, Rakos and HotUberMess like this.
  18. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

I know. I can’t figure out why they do it. But I did pull in to a staging lot at Disney a couple of weeks ago when the app was glitching. I wanted to hit up the other drivers and see if they were having issues too. When I got there, I had a real tough time finding any that could speak English or use logical reasoning skills. So.. I think that’s who is waiting in those lots, at least here in Orlando. People who don’t/can’t understand how it all works.

Rakos likes this.
  19. DAG

DAG

Right! Before UBER, the long queue seemed to have worked for taxi cabs. Why no work for me 'n UBER? :)

20. Chrysler200

Chrysler200

Driving:
    UberX
    The Airport has become a joke. 1st off, up til two weeks ago I didnt have to even enter the queue lot. The Q signal was much stronger and I was able to park in the office building parking lot in between Spruce and q lot but now the q radius has been lessened to restrict all rideshares to the rideshare lot. Yeah i get it but now im forced to wait in the circus of chaos q lot. The Q lot has become a crime scene as of late as Ive seen the police there 3 times just week. the restroom facilities are a disgrace and filthy. Id rather piss in a bottle than to use one of those germ ridden infestations. The "littering " reprimand by uber doesnt surprise me. Some drivers out there just dont give a %^$# and throw trash on the ground. Even now, as there is at least 10 of those large blue trash cans some are too lazy to walk over to them to deposit their trash.

Other inconsistent things at airport: 1) Short trip alert is a joke. Drive someone to International Plaza from airport, you get the short trip advance in q but you drive someone the same distance towards kennedy or westshore and NO short trip advance in q?

2) You accept a q trip and on the way to the terminal to pickup rider it gets cancelled. In that scenario , you just got screwed and you will have to return to q lot and be last in queue?

3) has anyone received extra from the q lot for the "Premium Pickup possible" bs?