• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tallahassee Tips?

FloridaUber

Stick near FSU / Collegetown and Tennessee street.

There are pickups outside of downtown near the mall but if you are trying to maximize profit you will want to stay in the smaller area of campus and the surrounding apartments.

Fridays and Saturdays are the best days to drive with happy hour and various events going on. This past weekend I worked Friday and Saturday and made 200+ both days.

FAMU's campus is also just south of FSU, although I've noticed a bit of an attitude from people I've picked up there so I generally avoid it.

You can consistantly make a 100 + every day of the week in Tallahassee if you work at least 8-10 hours.

I made $758 working five days last week at 49 hours which averages to $15.44 an hour.

April A Huffman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with you on most of your points. I studied UBER for 5 month's before we started driving. I am new to Tallahassee. Only 9 month's here, so I studied the company, population of people in the different areas of Tallahassee, and I've got a calculator that I can input the amount of money you make before UBER takes there money,mpg on vehicle, trips,hours worked and take out UBER'S amount. It will tell you how much you really made and how per hour your really made. A lot of people would be shocked if they new how much they really weren't making. We made the same as you last Friday and Saturday night. My question for you is how do you plan out your week day? I don't want to know your sweet spot or anything.

What was your total trips and miliage

Rat

Stick near FSU / Collegetown and Tennessee street.

There are pickups outside of downtown near the mall but if you are trying to maximize profit you will want to stay in the smaller area of campus and the surrounding apartments.

Fridays and Saturdays are the best days to drive with happy hour and various events going on. This past weekend I worked Friday and Saturday and made 200+ both days.

FAMU's campus is also just south of FSU, although I've noticed a bit of an attitude from people I've picked up there so I generally avoid it.

You can consistantly make a 100 + every day of the week in Tallahassee if you work at least 8-10 hours.

I made $758 working five days last week at 49 hours which averages to $15.44 an hour.
You can't make that much during the summer. The FAMU students are much better behaved than the FSU students. And they go a lot farther. The best you will get from FAU students is the Forum to Standard. There will be 7-9 pax, they're already drunk, and screaming their stupid heads off the entire trip.

Tomahawk21

Unless it's football season I stay the hell away from campus. Hardly ever any Surge that way when I drive. I'll stick to my route I have now. Treats me alright

FloridaUber

You can't make that much during the summer. The FAMU students are much better behaved than the FSU students. And they go a lot farther. The best you will get from FAU students is the Forum to Standard. There will be 7-9 pax, they're already drunk, and screaming their stupid heads off the entire trip.
LOL FAMU students are better behaved?!?!? What an odd observation. I found the exact opposite to be true. The FSU students are pleasant outside of the occassional happy hour college freshman / Late night drunk ride. I never allow more riders than max seatbelts as it's illegal. These are college students you just have to be firm with them.

The only reason to venture south of Gaines is if its slow.

As for what routes to drive, I was brand new when I posted in Feb. I would advise everyone figure out their own route.

Unless it's football season I stay the hell away from campus. Hardly ever any Surge that way when I drive. I'll stick to my route I have now. Treats me alright
I rarely ever saw surge outside of campus in the spring except for concerts. No surge in summer.

Rat

LOL FAMU students are better behaved?!?!? What an odd observation. I found the exact opposite to be true. The FSU students are pleasant outside of the occassional happy hour college freshman / Late night drunk ride. I never allow more riders than max seatbelts as it's illegal. These are college students you just have to be firm with them.

The only reason to venture south of Gaines is if its slow.

As for what routes to drive, I was brand new when I posted in Feb. I would advise everyone figure out their own route.

I rarely ever saw surge outside of campus in the spring except for concerts. No surge in summer.
Don't get many drunken FAMU students. I don't recall ever getting any. Lots of drunken FSU students. I think maybe you are just prejudiced

Borob0418

I uber in Valdosta ga. If I want to run down there will I have to change my app to there? Thanks in advance.

Rat

I uber in Valdosta ga. If I want to run down there will I have to change my app to there? Thanks in advance.
I know a guy who lives in Thomasville who works down here, but I don't know if he works GA any. Suggest you contact Uber

bigmotorola

Ill Take A FAMU student over a FSU student any day. Famu students very well behaved and respectful. FSU kids are rowdy and half drunk all the time.