1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Tales from the MSP Uber Lot

Discussion in 'Minneapolis' started by dctcmn, Dec 6, 2017.

1. brianboru

brianboru Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Do they sell popcorn out there?

2. I am telling ya, we need Buford Pusser to manage the lot!

Also, I have seen an Immigration vehicle prowling around the general area lately, Hmmm...

3. dubz

dubz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I figure the tag aint worth it. Of note, I got a Lyft 100% at Term 2 last night. Best Lyft bump I've ever realized at the airport was 25% for the last 2 years. Then when I am breaking the MAC law they reward me with a $50 fare... Why are they sending us pings if we don't have the sticker? Go figure...

Makes me realize how big of suckers some of y'all drivers are... lol
    And of note, sometimes other people actually do happen to be smarter than you and it not be a "think they are smarter" deal. But that's just my opinion.

4. Extraholes

Extraholes Active Member

Hey Dubz and other drivers, has anyone seen people without a sticker getting a ticket yet? I would guess that T2 would be safer than T1 if someone wanted to risk it.

Other question, has there been more surges with less drivers there? Or is it the same drivers that has always worked the airport. Me, I only did the airport if the cue was small and I just had a ride to the airport

5. Yes, the MAC persons are stopping people and talking to the ones with no sticker, I have no clue what the outcome is or what is being said or done, and not gonna stick my nose into it when they are.
    Since I do not hang out at the pickup spots for either Terminal all day or night, no idea just how many.

6. dubz

dubz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Seems it's always surging now. Maybe to recoup drivers losses from the $70 worth of bs. Or maybe it's just to keep all the newbs for Super Bowl feeling good...

7. AlexCom

AlexCom Active Member

It is a **** show, but I think it is better now.
    *I get more surge rides from airport now
    * No more 150 cars queue, 90 car queue was a usual day at Snelling park
    * Police and green-vest people do patrol the lot
    (today saw the guy checking the stickers)

8. dctcmn

dctcmn Active Member

The red minivan is trying to leave using the correct exit. He’s not doing anything wrong, which is exactly why he’s gonna get ****ed.

fooddetective likes this.
  9. dctcmn

dctcmn Active Member

I just want to be sure that I'm understanding you correctly...

1. Your 'smart' advice is to NOT get the sticker (which is either $25 or $50, and can be written off on taxes), but still do MSP pickups and risk the $100 fine?

2. You can't understand why a broker would offer you work wherein (if you accept) you could be financially harmed, while they cannot be financially harmed and can only benefit?

I'm obviously not at your genius level, so this wisdom might be too much for my tiny mind to comprehend.

10. I am all for people violating the policies, so we can see what will happen when they do, we need examples, please continue.

Trav66 and dctcmn like this.
  11. dctcmn

dctcmn Active Member

Some decent material from yesterday...

Wrong way on 72nd. Flipping me off like there's something wrong with me.
    Wrong Way Uber.PNG.jpg Wrong Way Uber2.jpg

Yep, this one is an Uber/Lyft...
    Median Uber final.PNG.jpg Median Uber3 final.jpg

12. I truly wish the MAC would give more tickets for this stuff, including the Idiots at the terminal pickups that can not use common sense regarding traffic flow, FIFO, Stopping in the middle of the road to pickup, pulling halfway in to a spot leaving their back end out blocking traffic.

I REALLY REALLY want to have a Mad Max moment with these people.

13. dctcmn

dctcmn Active Member

I made a drop off at T2 last night at about 6:30pm and see that Uber is showing 3 cars in the queue and Lyft is showing 11 cars. So I head for the lot and the damn thing was almost completely full. There were maybe 5 open parking spots. I waltz in, get a ping in 6 nanoseconds and leave. As I drive past the Landside overflow lot, I see that it's over half full.

Either there's some airport surge manipulation going on or drivers are just sleeping in the lot.

14. I am experiencing the same thing regarding wait time.
    I am thinking that Driver rating is playing a larger part in QUE than it was.

Sometimes, I will get a 4.4 ping /reject, then a 4.5 ping /reject, 4.9 ping /accept, this all happens in less than 30 seconds. *Most* of what I see just parked in the either lot are XL class vehicles.

15. dctcmn

dctcmn Active Member

I've thought that driver rating might play a role in queue position, too. However, that doesn't explain why only 3 Ubers and 11 Lyfts were showing in the queue before I arrived in the lot.

Could it be showing me my approximated position based on the ratings of the drivers in the lot? That doesn't seem to hold true at other times in the day, when they show me 50-60 cars in the queue.

16. Same Ping results yesterday for me, fast turn arounds and the lots mostly full. Only waited one time and it was short, despite high que numbers.

Today I have another Job interview on the phone, so gonna be starting very late.

17. dctcmn

dctcmn Active Member

Phone sex operator?

18. Brandon Wood

Brandon Wood Active Member

Call 1-900-Grabby lol

19. You people can joke all you want, but when I get that Phone Sex job, your Wives and Girls friends will be spending all of YOUR $$ chatting with ME.

dctcmn, fairsailing and brianboru like this.
  20. brianboru

brianboru Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX