Taking a Pony to the Movies

1WhiteTiger

I got a ride request and a young lady texted me to tell me she had a LARGE service dog. I texted her back to let her know I have a SMALL car (Nissan Juke). She responded: “No problem”. When I got there, she brought out a harlequin GREAT DANE!! :eek:

This was not a dog, it was a small pony! His legs were so long he didn’t lift his leg to pee, he kinda squatted! :confused:

I wanted to make sure this horse of a dog would be my friend, so I asked if I could give him a treat. The lady said yes, so I did. Meanwhile she was putting a blanket on the back seat.

You gotta understand that I can only fit 3 skinny ppl or 2 large ppl in my back seat. But she got the Great Dane to lay down on the back seat, and she sat beside him. Musta been cozy back there!

As I started driving, the dog demonstrated his appreciation for the treat by licking the back of my right ear!:p

Then I found out where we were going: she was taking this pony-sized dog to accompany her at a DINE-IN MOVIE THEATER! :eek:

I would have loved to see the faces of the theater employees when these two showed up! :smiles:

FormerTaxiDriver

I got a ride request and a young lady texted me to tell me she had a LARGE service dog. I texted her back to let her know I have a SMALL car (Nissan Juke). She responded: “No problem”. When I got there, she brought out a harlequin GREAT DANE!! :eek:

This was not a dog, it was a small pony! His legs were so long he didn’t lift his leg to pee, he kinda squatted! :confused:

I wanted to make sure this horse of a dog would be my friend, so I asked if I could give him a treat. The lady said yes, so I did. Meanwhile she was putting a blanket on the back seat.

You gotta understand that I can only fit 3 skinny ppl or 2 large ppl in my back seat. But she got the Great Dane to lay down on the back seat, and she sat beside him. Musta been cozy back there!

As I started driving, the dog demonstrated his appreciation for the treat by licking the back of my right ear!:p

Then I found out where we were going: she was taking this pony-sized dog to accompany her at a DINE-IN MOVIE THEATER! :eek:

I would have loved to see the faces of the theater employees when these two showed up! :smiles:
She's probably sleeping with the dog too!

tohunt4me

Attachments

Pawtism

Best thing about the dine in theaters is that they have plenty of leg room. If your dine in theater is anything like ours a Great Dane will have no trouble at her feet there (unlike some of the normal theaters). I almost exclusively go to our dine in one now.

SuzeCB

Best thing about the dine in theaters is that they have plenty of leg room. If your dine in theater is anything like ours a Great Dane will have no trouble at her feet there (unlike some of the normal theaters). I almost exclusively go to our dine in one now.
I'm surprised you're not pointing out that it wasn't a real SA... :wink:

Pawtism

I'm surprised you're not pointing out that it wasn't a real SA... :wink:
Well, that was my initial thought, but upon rereading, I’m not really sure if it is or not (not enough info). My dog was certainly trained to lay on the floorboard, but a mobility dog as big as a Great Dane might be trained to lay on the seat (especially if she brought something to put on the seat herself anyway).

The licking of his ear was a bit strange. I’m not sure I have enough info to say if it was or wasn’t (or maybe is in training).

Last edited:

Pawtism

You ASSUME it was the dog that was licking your ear.
But the dog was laying down on the back seat at the time.
In reality, that was your tip!
Hehe, maybe she was trying to get him to come to the movie with her! She licked his ear as a teaser for after the movie. :biggrin: