1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Take the weekend off.

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by Jeepdriver, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Jeepdriver

Jeepdriver New Member

The fact that Uber picked 9/11 to announce rate cuts in Phoenix really pisses me off. I think maybe we could send them a message (don't know if they will care) and take the weekend off. I'm not driving Friday, Saturday or Sunday, taking the time to send a message and decide if it is worth continuing to drive. If Phoenix has a serious lack of drivers right after a rate cut, they MIGHT get the message. Will only work over the weekend with major participation.

PhoenicianBlind likes this.
  2. Teksaz

Teksaz Well-Known Member

That will never happen. Turn on the pax app and look at the thousands of drivers scurrying around losing money. Uber knows they will continue to drive at a loss while making them millions.

Something needs to get Ubers attention but having a few smart drivers not drive a few days isn't going to do it.

ARonMaXX likes this.
  3. TakinItUpWithUber

TakinItUpWithUber Well-Known Member

I've said it a hundred times. Uber's business model is based on a constant driver turnover. They don't care what current partners think or what our needs and wants are. There are and always will be a stable full of rookies ready to drive. Some last for a week others for 6 months a few over a year. Personally I drive and accept trips on my terms. Acceptance rate is bs - never factors in as long as your rating is decent

4. Mr. T

Mr. T Well-Known Member

I'm down. I wasn't going to work this weekend anyways. Got a bunch of stuff to do

5. ARonMaXX

ARonMaXX Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have something that could get there attention.
    www.RideFare.com
    Hit me up if you want to discuss.
    These price cuts are super disrespectful and absurd!

6. ARonMaXX

ARonMaXX Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Those are scary and UNFAIR rates.
    I smell a boycott!
    We need a Driver Alliance. If this is what we want to do for extra or main income, we need to take a stance. I have a plan.

Anyone aware of this (FTC):

Predatory or Below-Cost Pricing

Can prices ever be "too low?" The short answer is yes, but not very often. Generally, low prices benefit consumers. Consumers are harmed only if below-cost pricing allows a dominant competitor to knock its rivals out of the market and then raise prices to above-market levels for a substantial time. A firm's independent decision to reduce prices to a level below its own costs does not necessarily injure competition, and, in fact, may simply reflect particularly vigorous competition. Instances of a large firm using low prices to drive smaller competitors out of the market in hopes of raising prices after they leave are rare. This strategy can only be successful if the short-run losses from pricing below cost will be made up for by much higher prices over a longer period of time after competitors leave the market. Although the FTC examines claims of predatory pricing carefully, courts, including the Supreme Court, have been skeptical of such claims.
    ( https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/com...s/single-firm-conduct/predatory-or-below-cost )

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  7. PHXTE

PHXTE Well-Known Member

There's the email from Uber to the riders advertising how they've just cut rates by 15% and how cheap their service is.

Yeah, you're ****ing over your drivers at the benefit of your customers. I'm done with this for good. Totally not worth it.

PhoenicianBlind likes this.
  8. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Well said, and same here

9. TakinItUpWithUber

Well that's 2 drivers down and a thousand to go! lol

10. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Thanks for your heartfelt reply. I'm not trying to slay the Dragon here, I simply can't make money at an even further 15 percent reduction.

11. TakinItUpWithUber

Nothing personal man but been doing this gig for a year and at no time have there been more partners then now. Since June Uber Phoenix has aggressively signed up over 600 new partners. This is why surges are probably going to be a thing of the past - or at least surge a lot less often.