Take a load at this uber BS

Karem

I emailed uber this morning asking about what's up with the insurance. I got this BS reply. The idiot doesn't even know we have provinces not states.
20:02 PDT

Hey Mohamed!

Thanks for writing in. More than happy to take over from here to address this.

Every ride on the uberX platform in Canada is backed by $5,000,000 of contingent auto liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage. In the event of an accident during an uberX trip, passengers, pedestrians, other drivers, and the community at large can rest assured knowing that ride-sharing partners are well covered by commercial auto insurance in addition to any insurance coverage maintained by the driver. This $5,000,000 of coverage is more than two times the standard requirement for taxi and limo insurance in all Canadian cities, and is written by an insurance company rated A (excellent) by AM Best.

You are not required to purchase ride-share insurance as we will maintain coverage on your behalf that will comply with all state and local laws.

Again, thanks for being part of the Uber community! Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. After all, this is what I am here for : )

All The Best,

help.uber.com

Last edited:

Actionjax

That's the canned response we have received for almost 2 years. And Drivers are covered. If they weren't you would here lots of reports on it.