• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tag it, and Bag it!

RideshareUSA

Hey if you can tag a good one nearby, do it!
Tagged a $14 surge this morning and about 30 min later received a long trip ping. Coupled with a $15 tip for a total of about $90.
Guess there can be some benefits to the new surge structure.

FLKeys

In my market the new surge works for me, rarely do we get rides when the surge screen is lit up, at least now we get the sticky amount. I honestly think PAX just kick back and have a couple more drinks until all the ants come running and the surge drops off.

25rides7daysaweek

Hey if you can tag a good one nearby, do it!
Tagged a $14 surge this morning and about 30 min later received a long trip ping. Coupled with a $15 tip for a total of about $90.
Guess there can be some benefits to the new surge structure.
its been here in chicago for 6-9 months. I really didnt see much of a change in my pay due to that..

btone31

New surge sucks. Let's keep it real. Good for 1 mile trips. Longer than that, and driver gets screwed big time. I've done trips where I barely got paid 50% of the fare. Uber loses money though when passenger surge goes away but driver still kept the surge. At that point, pax only pays regular fare.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrPurple Indianapolis 4
Jack Malarkey Canberra 0
MichaelMax Denver 6