Uber Drivers Forum banner

Sydney International Pool now available

2K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Mulder99 
#1 ·
Be careful of Pool requests which are now available for riders at Sydney International Airport arrivals. If it wasn’t hard enough already.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Be careful of Pool requests which are now available for riders at Sydney International Airport arrivals. If it wasn't hard enough already.
Doesn't make any sense at all, pool from International, Who ever in Uber Management authorised this to go ahead is insane !! Probably A lot of part timer will consider stop driving from Uber as the policies getting ugly!!

#10 ·
Four pool customers with four pieces of luggage....

What could possibly go wrong???

I will start picking up pool passengers at the airport only if I get a pool trip to the airport. I doubt that will ever happen.

One other thought. What happens with Mac Bank's 4.20 access charge? Does each rider get charged it? In who's pocket does it end up in?

#15 ·
Only work if Uber did not add 2 pax at the same time...

To make it worse, as per Uber email, cannot decline the pool trip without losing position in queue

--------
Can I lose my spot in the virtual queue?
The virtual queue for UberPool trips works the same way as for UberX trips. Your wait time will reset if you:

• End or cancel a trip
  • Reject a trip request by tapping 'no thanks' in app
  • Go offline

#19 ·
for anyone who thinks POOL is a good idea and an ever better idea at the international airport, race yourselves down to the HUB and grab a roof rack..... you may need it !
Roof rack for your Pool queues? ( Cues ) And as to Buckle ups one swipe to cancel a pool trip, accepted by mistake....I have to go thru and individually kill two or three pax lined up like ducks one at a time to get ride of the damn Poo. Plenty of phone swipes required.

#24 ·
If you read the email you would see the Pax can only bring 1 piece of luggage.
If you get a poo with 2 pax at the airport then you should only get poo riders after leaving the airport that don't have luggage .
Cannot see a poo rider pickup at the airport with 2 pax and they add another while you are on the way to pick them up.
How do you fit more than that into a Yaris?

#25 ·
In the early mornings when its busy at international, you might only pick up one pOO paxhole from the International terminal. But on the way to their city hotel, you might pick up additional riders (if open to new requests) heading to the CBD for work. I bet FUbers navigation sends you through Newtown, Redfern or Alexandria - to kill those late morning surges that happen when all the international flights arrive. pOO exists to crush the competition and the surge.

#26 ·
I bet FUbers navigation sends you through Newtown, Redfern or Alexandria - to kill those late morning surges that happen when all the international flights arrive. pOO exists to crush the competition and the surge.
You do not have to follow Uber's navigation when doing pool, but clearly it would make financial sense to pick up more pax along the way.

Surge is killed by part-timers turning on Uber on their way to and from work, not by the few Uber pool jobs.

Has anyone received a pool job yet to or from international?

#29 ·
Its NOT drivers that work 60+ hours a week getting a pOO ping and taking it at all. Thanks for clarifying.
Go visit burwood greenlight hub and you will have your answer why surge is being killed. There are too few pool jobs for surge to be affected by pool. But when you keep adding 100s of new drivers daily nonstop something has to change.

apparently, the Poo Waybill is now blank with the introduction of Poo at INT.

so you cant even tell where you going with poo now...
Yep i noticed the poo waybill was blank last few days. Thought this was just me....

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
Oh I see, its the part timers that kill surge. Yet it now surges on weekdays immediately before they start work and sometimes once they finish work. Hmmm. The good old lunch time surges and those early afternoon surges that used to be common in parts of Sydney - those damn part timers are to blame!

Its NOT drivers that work 60+ hours a week getting a pOO ping and taking it at all. Thanks for clarifying.
Your welcome

View attachment 295221 Waybill is back
Note cancelled this poo and got XL straight after

:)
You shouldn't post this on an open forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.