Switching to GoCatch

Asgard

Hey guys, I'm finally switching to Gocatch but I'll l still turn on uber SELECT only. Can't be bothered with the base uberX fare. Hopefully over some time, majority of uberX drivers will switch to gocatch. Their base rate is similar to a 1.4x surge. Eventually when there is low uber cars availability, riders will switch to gocatch. Help spread the words to all uber drivers out there. I am also encouraging my riders to switch (by telling them that soon most riders will switch to gocatch). Have used gocatch as a rider myself. Recent time the wait time has improved a lot compared to when I first took it. I can see more drivers on the map too.

weekendnightdriver

We don't need to swtich between Uber and GC. We can run both of them at the same time. GC has taken all of UberX drivers, all I had to do was send my Uber Partner app screenshot. But the only time I got GC ping was in 1.5x+ Uber surge zone/time.

I am intrigued by their base rate but I don't expect they gain any popularity. GC is already irrelevant in ridesharing industry.

After all, cheapskates are cheapskates and they are always looking for cheapeast possible transporation.

Last edited:
Every single pax i talk to have never heard of GoCatch and aren't interested in anything that's more expensive than Uber.

I've had about 4 trips using GoCatch and missed about another 4 because was on Uber trip, during Uber surge or was 12 minutes away.

As a pax I've never been able to order GoCatch from anywhere in Melbourne or Eastern Suburbs

Asgard

It will take some time before GC catch up to Uber's level. Remember that uber was like that too in its early days, and even today I still had riders taking uber for the first time.
There will a challenge as long as there are low life ants willing to take the uber base rates. Hopefully these ants will realise they can't make enough money after filing GST, taxes and running expenses.
I believe GC has worked out that the most sustainable rate for driver is minimum 1.4x surge (which is exactly the min surge I would accept a ping)

weekendnightdriver

It will take some time before GC catch up to Uber's level. Remember that uber was like that too in its early days, and even today I still had riders taking uber for the first time.
There will a challenge as long as there are low life ants willing to take the uber base rates. Hopefully these ants will realise they can't make enough money after filing GST, taxes and running expenses.
I believe GC has worked out that the most sustainable rate for driver is minimum 1.4x surge (which is exactly the min surge I would accept a ping)

New first timers are usually on referral bonus. GC don't have that kind of money to lure them.

george manousaridis

People still dont understand the Uber concept.Its American,anything American is BigBro,America is watching through the Uber concept,Big Bro watching the smaller bro,world domination and dont be fools.Personally i dont care if they watch me,all can kiss my rear

If anyone thinks GoCatch is any better u have it wrong,found out the hard way.I reject know all prebookings,Catch hasnt got the money to burn and waste.

Graham J

Don't ever say Uber can't be knocked off. I've just come back from SE Asia and Grab is beginning to dominate over Uber because:

• They are no more expensive than Uber
  • The driver's commission fees are lower than Uber
  • They provide bonuses and incentives to drivers (No BS)
  • There is an option for the passenger to pay by cash instead of card. Cash nearly always attracts a tip (ask any taxi driver)
  • At the moment they are insisting on higher standard for their drivers and their cars
Most of the drivers I spoke with had tried Uber and moved to Grab and don't even have the Uber App installed anymore

george manousaridis

Don't ever say Uber can't be knocked off. I've just come back from SE Asia and Grab is beginning to dominate over Uber because:

• There is an option for the passenger to pay by cash instead of card. Cash nearly always attracts a tip (ask any taxi driver)
  • At the moment they are insisting on higher standard for their drivers and their cars
Most of the drivers I spoke with had tried Uber and moved to Grab and don't even have the Uber App installed anymore
Graham,in certain markets Uber can be knocked off,but the majority of their legalised markets they will suffer a setback but eventually it will gather ground.Uber has to either invest or buy out small operators.Uber has to shift to new grounds for it to succeed,IV seen it done by other companies here in ozz.Uber has huge investors in place and I'm pretty sure it suffers minor setbacks.Its branded well and eventually something will happen big time and they will do it sneaky.Watch and see,the future is most interactive and interesting for Uber.Some placed it works and some places it doesn't,still don't ever think Uber is lost.It is heading for change and watch it come out with surprises.

weekendnightdriver

Same fare to the pax, lower service fee to the driver. Absolutely that's not the case of GoCatch nor Hi-Oscar, etc.
SE Asian market is different from here. Indonensian Uber drivers make AU$10 per day.

george manousaridis

Same fare to the pax, lower service fee to the driver. Absolutely that's not the case of GoCatch nor Hi-Oscar, etc.
SE Asian market is different from here. Indonensian Uber drivers make AU$10 per day.
Every thing has a history and culture based.Depends and its pending,in the end there has to be a balance between good and bad.What works will outweigh all.If it makes a profit pending how its looked .i wont go on but i will inform just watch the future ans act accordingly.I will join whats best for me,right know Uber is a good braded name but a charity case and devastating for drivers.I choose what to do and i choose to work Uber and GoCatch as a turnover and loss maker,mainly as a hobby due to my liking i meet people,good or bad.I dont take any ride share company seriously.Know i audit anything i connect with rideshare.

george manousaridis

I am going to show what i earn weekly roughly,this is what rideshare drivers should be on,not the rubbish they work for earnings.If this cant be done then quit.Simple fact do as i did,and choose and stop the losses.

So know stop the losses and dump the ridesharing,simple!i am not going to cry and i show my face and arent scared to try anything.it works it works,if not DUMP IT!

Attachments

• 20170905_154239.png
    20170905_154239.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 164

weekendnightdriver

I am going to show what i earn weekly roughly,this is what rideshare drivers should be on,not the rubbish they work for earnings.If this cant be done then quit.Simple fact do as i did,and choose and stop the losses.

So know stop the losses and dump the ridesharing,simple!i am not going to cry and i show my face and arent scared to try anything.it works it works,if not DUMP IT!

Hey GM, how can I get the job? Is there a licence required?

Apollo

And you dont have to worry about gst, and wear and tear, of your car.

george manousaridis

And you dont have to worry about gst, and wear and tear, of your car.
I drive their truck Apollo,people here think i talk ..... but u know what mate,i showed my Pay so not to show off but to example mate

Drive a bus.Similar wages, including annual leave, and super.
I can if i choose but nah,same route its boring,and screaming kids lol,nòoooooooo