Uber Drivers Forum banner

Switch to Pizza Hut

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Vavvav 
#1 ·
4.54 rating, doesn't make a lick of difference. You can have a brutal acceptance rate and brutal cancellation rate and low rating and you will still be on the road with thousands of drivers making less then minimum wage. There is an oversaturated market and too many drivers, you have to struggle to make a dime. I have consistently driven 40 hours per week in Niagara for the last 3 months and average $375 per week. Take away 20 percent for gas and that's $300 a week not including depreciation, taxes, and insurance on the car and that works out to $7.50 an hour, less hen minimum wage. Basically you run your car into the ground and collect the value of the car as you go along and at the front end because at the back end your car is worthless. Throw in oil changes and new tires and worn out brake pads and you are driving for a negative sum. I hear crickets because all the other drivers I know can relate, there is no money to be made driving Uber. Pizza Hut is promising $3.70 per delivery and said I could do 30 to 60 deliveries in a night, plus tips, over 6 to 8 hours. Talked to a 2 for 1 driver and he said they have Hotel Contracts and he and another driver complete 50 deliveries in an 8 to 9 shift on a weekend, 25 during the week, similar deal to Pizza Hut. He said tips are $3 to $4 per delivery. 50 deliveries at say $5 per trip including tip is $250 a night, that's better then Uber boys with less gas, am I missing something? Why are we driving for Uber? If it's $6 after tips that's $300 over 8 hours or over $30 an hour. There has to be a catch with Food Delivery.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.