Switch to Lyft

goon70056

Gold at 1.2x does not do it for me. I am switching to lyft this week. At least Lyft includes an option for tips instead of all Uber cheapskates that never tip.
Made my first trips driving for Lyft this past Tuesday. Out of 4 trips, 3 left tips. Might start spending more time with Lyft than Uber...

Cov87

I am in the same boat. I have been fubering for a year or so and this week did Lyft for the first time. Monday evening Lyft was good, but I got more pings on Uber on Wed.

goon70056

I'm with you, gave lyft a chance after no pings from uber. There are some good folks out there,maybe lyft is the answer,temporarily .
After a good first day with Lyft, I'm now already reconsidering. After 1 week of driving with them, I'm now being hit with deactivation warnings for low ratings (4.54). Frustrating.

Bart McCoy

Now that hourly is gone you can go back and forth between the 2
ha sure can, because 1.2x is nothing

but im at 25% commission on Lyft, 20% on Uber.

I can't do regular rate, so Lyft is out the window for now. I have to try to figure out how I can catch the surge boost in the highest sector

Last edited:

Alidean

I'm in the same boat. But at least it can help a bit though I find lyft severely lacking customers lately

Bluef82003

I found but most Lyft passengers are much nicer and more respectful of drivers. Their is a small but noticeable amount of Uber passengers at least the majority are young Millennials who believe they can control their Uber driver, literally. With a belief that they have an entitlement to an aux cord... Justin Bieber banging, shoes propped on seats, and open container sneaking a-holes. How many of you have found an open beer can after a night out Ubering? I know I have quite a few times.

New2This

Lyft is Uber with pink branding.

Shit base rates are still shit rates. The Money Metal Bonuses program makes you realize how little they pay without surge/bonuses.

Lyft driver support is even worse than Uber, if you can believe it. Uber, while 99.7% of the time the response has NOTHING to do with what I wrote in about, at least they're prompt. I write in to Lyft about something and get a response 2-3 weeks later. Had this happen multiple times.

While they are constantly shrinking the RZ, at least Uber had Incentives with real money. Lyft incentives are discounts on different things (discounts I get through other associations, and the discounts are better) and 'enhanced driver support' as a benefit.

Lyft at base rates instead of Uber is moving from the port side to the starboard side of the Titanic.

OkRae

I get pings all day while online with Lyft. I did 45 trips in a week only being online for 24 hours. It's not dead for me only on the weekends. Only big difference is of course the money compared to Uber. Uber pays out way more and I wish Lyft would surge more in large areas like Uber does.

Ubermanpt

I got lucky with lyft and got in on the promotion where you had to do 1 ride within 1 week to get $1000. Took 5 days to get approved, did my ride and got paid. Only did lyft a couple times because they don't let you do lyft plus only and I'm not driving for base rates plain lyft. Also you didn't know if you got prime time or not til after ride. If they had lyft plus option and I knew if the ride was prime time ahead of time I would do also.

Kawiz03

I only Lyft exclusively if i need quick cash since you can cash out daily after making $50 net only a .50 charge and its loaded to your banks debit card not some crappy prepaid thing so its your money free and clear

Alidean

I only Lyft exclusively if i need quick cash since you can cash out daily after making $50 net only a .50 charge and its loaded to your banks debit card not some crappy prepaid thing so its your money free and clear
If uber made it this easy I'd never drive for lyft honestly