Suvs are preferred to give more pings....

Inshur

According to your experience, is it a fact or myth?

• Total voters

Handsome

I heard that suv drivers are given more preference over the guy having a sedan or a car having xl option.
If there are 4 guys at same location and all of them have different vehicles, so uber ll give the ping to the guy who ve suv (even when the ping is uberx) and the pax can get free upgrade. If the guy with suv didnt accept it then the ping ll be prefered to a guy having vehicle valid for uberblack and then for uberxl and then to the guy having sedan.
Due to this preferences the suvs get more pings and sedans doesnt.

I would like your comments about this, either it is a myth or reality. Explain please

ninja warrior

I've seen a guy boasting, to a fellow driver, about the mattress in the back of his suburban, at the JFK cellphone lot. They don't show that in the uber ads. "Earning; hitting the mattress; sleeping, inappropriate site; rinse the sheets and repeat.":oopsies:

kg42

its true about xl pick up, I would drive all day and not getting any xl when my buddy's on suburbans getting them so much so they ignoring them

Handsome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've seen a guy boasting, to a fellow driver, about the mattress in the back of his suburban, at the JFK cellphone lot. They don't show that in the uber ads. "Earning; hitting the mattress; sleeping, inappropriate site; rinse the sheets and repeat.":oopsies:
It was funny though

its true about xl pick up, I would drive all day and not getting any xl when my buddy's on suburbans getting them so much so they ignoring them
Thanks for sharing your valuable experience

Zubera

Of course it's a myth. Fuber DOESN'T CARE about you or any other driver, nor the pax. Why would uber give a free upgrade to pax without paying extra? Makes no sense.

kg42

Of course it's a myth. Fuber DOESN'T CARE about you or any other driver, nor the pax. Why would uber give a free upgrade to pax without paying extra? Makes no sense.
i know juno does free upgrades, few time i would order my wife ride and would get message from juno that they upgrading me to suburban

kg42

im serious about xl and others can say the same thing , xl drivers get very few and shitty leftovers trips. lol

Frankyfiggs

Whatever, I can slip thru the BK streets in my Altima and grab up them pools while SUV is stuck behind and access a ride or fresh direct truck

Handsome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber give free upgrade to motivate their pax so that they may get convinced that uber is better than other ridesharing apps. And the pax feel more comfortable in a luxury service even though its free.

Upgrading riders = downgrading drivers
Yeah but its also the fault of the guys having suvs and driving for x. They downgrade themselves by doing this. If a pax can travel in suv with the x charges then why would he/she call of suv or black.

Kobayashi Maru

Unless the passenger’s company is expense paying for ride (and an suv is REQUIRED)
Uber’s all about cheap fares

Meaning:
The everyday passengers is going cheap and SUV is NOT cheap

FuberNYC

Need more responses from the experts. Ahmed Nafis Mad Max FuberNYC Suleman0801 and more.
You must be new here, I'm not an expert and have never tried Black or SUV
I've tried XL for 6 months and most of my XL requests were short trips. Did I ever feel like I was giving these pax free upgrade rides? Not really, since XL is just an larger X that can accommodate 2 extra passengers or a large piece of furniture. lol :rolleyes:

Inshur New York