• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

suv

Araqnid

2 things to consider:
1) SUVs tend to be more expensive, which is not what you want with an Uber vehicle. If you already have it or if you're looking at a cheaper one, this isn't as big of a deal. DO NOT BUY A CAR SOLELY FOR UBER THOUGH!
2) You'll need to have a higher tolerance of bulls***. If you're driving Friday and Saturday nights, you'll potentially have 6-7 drunk people in your car at once. That's rough for even the most patient of drivers.

You'll make more money, sure, but sometimes the extra money might not be worth the hassle.

scorzaze

2 things to consider:
1) SUVs tend to be more expensive, which is not what you want with an Uber vehicle. If you already have it or if you're looking at a cheaper one, this isn't as big of a deal. DO NOT BUY A CAR SOLELY FOR UBER THOUGH!
2) You'll need to have a higher tolerance of bulls***. If you're driving Friday and Saturday nights, you'll potentially have 6-7 drunk people in your car at once. That's rough for even the most patient of drivers.

You'll make more money, sure, but sometimes the extra money might not be worth the hassle.
Good point!

I just dont see the demand to pay more then double for a Uber suv vs a xl and they fit the same amount of people usually. You'd have to go down town and get some ballers late at night .....

gg mh

Is any of you an actual SUV or XL driver? Why would a hybrid 7-seater SUV like a used Highlander not be a good deal since you can use it for both X and XL?

UberRalph

Is any of you an actual SUV or XL driver? Why would a hybrid 7-seater SUV like a used Highlander not be a good deal since you can use it for both X and XL?
Hybrid Highlander? That's like an oxymoron hahah what does it get, 25 mpg instead of 12? lol

ali salem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi, the conclusion in my vision is I will try to ask one of SUV driver which I see them every day in car wash and let see what they will says...

JayDMV

I see a lot of SUVs, BMWs (5,7 series ), Mercedes doing UberX and wonder all the time is it really worth for them considering gas and car maintenance

UberRalph

I see a lot of SUVs, BMWs (5,7 series ), Mercedes doing UberX and wonder all the time is it really worth for them considering gas and car maintenance
For uberX, the maintenance/gas outweighs the profits as far as a luxury car..
Just not smart to drive a 5 series for 80 cents a mile