• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Suspicious Activity Alert

I received an email this morning flagging my account for suspicious activity. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred in the past week or so. Has anyone esle experienced this? Anything come of of it?

Dakidd

It sounds like somebody is denying that they rode with you on one or more occasion's using their account Somebody trying to get out of paying for rides Have you taken rides where the name does a match the physical description of the person such as a male riding on a female's account or vice a versa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It sounds like somebody is denying that they rode with you on one or more occasion's using their account Somebody trying to get out of paying for rides Have you taken rides where the name does a match the physical description of the person such as a male riding on a female's account or vice a versa

Riders using other peoples accounts is a daily occurance. I guess time will tell.

Now I am SMH... I called support and they claim it was a complaint from the Phoenix Airport Security claiming excessive cancel rates, manipulating GPS or other fraudulant activity at the airport. They could not come up with a specific complaint.

She said she would file an appeal on my behalf and an investigator would call me back.

Say what??

Now I am more confused than before....

Dakidd

Now I am SMH... I called support and they claim it was a complaint from the Phoenix Airport Security claiming excessive cancel rates, manipulating GPS or other fraudulant activity at the airport. They could not come up with a specific complaint.

She said she would file an appeal on my behalf and an investigator would call me back.

Say what??

Now I am more confused than before....
They think you're gaming the system whether it is repeated rounds around the terminal taking up a surge and picking up someplace other than where the surge is just different things that they may think Have been really on it because if you remember a couple weeks ago they were talking about drivers in DC Manipulating the surge

Did you do anything weird at the Airport recently?

I picked up a rider from T4 who wanted to go to Gilbert to drop off some keys and come back. She couldn't figure out the add a stop, so I just brought her back.

I bet that's it. Her phone's GPS should note I dropped her off at T4 departures. I then received a rematch to Scottsdale.

doyousensehumor

I picked up a rider from T4 who wanted to go to Gilbert to drop off some keys and come back. She couldn't figure out the add a stop, so I just brought her back.

I bet that's it. Her phone's GPS should note I dropped her off at T4 departures. I then received a rematch to Scottsdale.
Sky harbor officials don't have our gps. That I know of.

Maybe Fuber thought you were roundtrip'ing airport fares, in order to get another rematch?

taxisuper

Seems very possible.

So Bill, when you got to her Gilbert destination, did you not tell her to change the destination back to the airport? It's that simple.
Don't know if this guy was scamming or not. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say I believe him. It does sound like this may be a scam that is being used around the country and a good lesson for everyone. If you're doing it, Uber is on to it and if not don't move with the PAX until they change the destination.

just_me

Don't know if this guy was scamming or not. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say I believe him. It does sound like this may be a scam that is being used around the country and a good lesson for everyone. If you're doing it, Uber is on to it and if not don't move with the PAX until they change the destination.
i give Bill the benefit of the doubt too. Suggestion: on longer distance round trips, i'll usually ask the pax to change the destination about 7 minutes before we arrive at the first destination in order to avoid someone calling me away and them having to (re)order another ride.

Seems very possible.

So Bill, when you got to her Gilbert destination, did you not tell her to change the destination back to the airport? It's that simple.
She couldn't figure it out, she wouldn't let me touch her phone, she was hurried as she was on a layover. I've done contiuation trips before without updating with no issues, but not anymore moving forward. They'll either update the trip or the trip will be over and they can call another car.
Post automatically merged:

Another interesting note is that my second ping yesterday was an airport run. So I'm not banned at the airport for now.

She couldn't figure it out, she wouldn't let me touch her phone, she was hurried as she was on a layover. I've done contiuation trips before without updating with no issues, but not anymore moving forward. They'll either update the trip or the trip will be over and they can call another car.
I drove a few hours this morning. One pickup in Gilbert was an elderly dude with crutches. Almost didn't accept it as it was pretty short, like a 4 minute trip, but Gilbert was dead. I read the dest address out loud to confirm, as always, and now he's po'd because his app (riiiight) totally screwed up the destination. He needs a 20 min drive NW up into Mesa, great. So he's trying to change the dest and can't get it to stick, even though he typed it in. I offer to help and he accepts, have never had a pax say no to me helping with this, they're usually elderly and happy for some assistance. So I change it for him, and we figured out he wasn't hitting the DONE button...

No problems with the trip, until about 5 min left he decides he needs me to discuss my personal religious situation with him, as he's a retired pastor. Nothing irritates me more than pax who feel they need to start a political or religious conv with me. What the hell is wrong with these idiots? Politely as I could, I explained that those 2 topics are not ones I'll engage in, in my car. I have no patience for anyone who thinks it's their duty to address my religious beliefs, especially in my car.

BTW, it would likely take them a few days to take any action on your account.

Uberfenix

It sounds like you won't be driving for Uber for long, they may forgive you, if this is the first time, but the second time they will kick you out of the system for good, they wont tell you the reason, to cover their asses or will come with a bogus reason like the airport thing, but press all the way to a manager and download a call recording app, you may get lucky during arbitration or further down the road, I've already seen several cases like that, and the drivers aren't even at fault,which is a shame as Uber is the best for earnings so far, if you know what you're doing