1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

suspended due to background check

Discussion in 'Advice' started by supersunking, Mar 9, 2016.

1. i just got an email from uber that said i was suspended due to a random background check.

my account still works...is the email a fake? it looks real.

also, i have 1 ticket and a fender bender in a parking lot that i was at fault. is that enough to get suspended? i am not sure if the fender bender is even a point on the driving record.

is the background check for driving, or other stuff or both?

just need some advice. uber is my sole income.

2. UberBlackPr1nce

UberBlackPr1nce

Driving:
    UberSUV
    2 things.
    1. Stop hitting people's cars.
    2. Find another job. There's more to life than just uber..

Shangsta, D Town and Jvc21 like this.
  3. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    It's both. They go back at least 7 years.

4. does anyone know how many points on the driving record before uber suspends you?

5. What email address did it come from? It sounds real. The only way to be sure is log on and see if you can accept a ride.

6. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Can you desribe random? They shouldnt do any check without your knowledge and express conscent. Like they notified me a couple weeks ago they needed to do a check. But i had to log in and hit okay for them to do so

7. RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Not a fender bender off the app. If you don't know what you have in your background that could get you suspended and you can still log in, it's probably fake.

8. my background is absolutely clear. last time i got a ticket was 7 years ago. yet i got deactivated, with some 1200 rides.

9. JMBF831

JMBF831

Driving:
    UberX
    It's an error in the system, I think. I got a similar e-mail but it was ultimately because my auto insurance was expiring in 2 weeks haha

10. Were you still active while they did the background check and how long did it take to complete?

11. Maven

Maven

Driving:
    UberX
    You may be able to request a copy of the background check in question.
    I suggest going to your local Greenlight Hub for more information.
    You need to know exactly what concerns Uber before you can properly deal with this issue.
    Meanwhile, I agree with UberBlackPr1nce, look for another job.

12. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Most likely an auto response and it was suspended until a pair of eye got on it and cleared you. Also your driver/passengers conduct history greatly plays into factor here. As long as you can still log on and accost trips, don't worry and Uber On!

13. Shangsta

Shangsta

He posted this back in March. I am sure he's long moved on

14. Go4

Go4

Who keeps digging up old threads? Please stop

wk1102 likes this.