Suspended and ignored by investigation team

UberLaLa

I am sorry. Hope it is over soon. I believe drivers have the right to know who complained and what they complained about. How can we defend ourselves otherwise. Yes, most of us do have dash cams but I doubt Uber even looks at them or cares. Uber's slogan is the driver is always wrong.

Fixed that for ya...:wink:

RideShareJUNKIE

Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it. Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.
Yes Its really embaressing how immature an "entity" can be. Be as it may, this is the time where you have to remind yourself that you have to as usual rake through all the bullshit, because we both know this system as a whole was setup with the avg driver, well being really below avg, you know the kind of average that naturally goes down when you start moving backwards (the lax age of cars that are the minimum requirement, etc etc.

Start a new message to support.
Cut and paste as you choose (dont spend too much time on it, because you know they wont be). As apparent by the lack of progress on your investigation. "Investigation," is just UBer talk for: "HAHAHA, we dont have any local resources to do any kind of investigation in any city. It just gives us time to figure out how were going to get rid of you and make it look like your fault!"
. Anyways, just make sure you have the "trigger" words inserted within the body of your message to them, so that it can get routed to the correct human, who can see it for the first time. SMH. Im assuming you have enough creative latitude to figure out which words you need to have in there to get someone with a heartbeats attention. Good luck and report back if you made any progress.

Also where you start thinking like the system then you know exactly how to bypass it more efficiently. Keep in mind that I would start out with a fresh angle/approach/tone/word choice once you are ready to revive them. They are so dumb that you have to be UBER persistent, no pun! You will get a response (good cop bad cop type of contrast) :wink:

DexNex

• On Saturday I received an email stating that my account was put on hold pending investigation due to a Rider complaint. When I replied asking what the complaint was not only did they refuse to tell me but after trying to email them for information a couple more times to no avail they wouldn't even reply back at all and now just a little over three days later they still refuse to answer my emails.Finally a driver support rep admitted to me that the original message thread from the investigation department is still open and that they are indeed flat out ignoring me.Also the driver support reps seem to have a script to help them dance around having to answer legitimate questions that either they don't have answers to or Uber doesn't want answered. The same exact thing happens and is said every time I call them and they have no information other than what I already know. Like a broken record.The First time they said the investigation would be complete in 24 hours,after 24 hours they said it takes 24 to 48 hours,now after more than 72 hours they're telling me there is no time frame on the investigations and never was. The time frames are the only thing that changed each time I called. And on top of it there is nobody above driver support apparently. No way to contact anyone from the investigation team. Lol I have to try to laugh to keep from crying or beating my head against the wall which is what it feels like after dealing with this for 3 straight days.Needless to say I am really beside myself over this. Lost 3 days of income so far including Saturday night the busiest night of course and at a very bad time for me. I am a standup,honest and friendly guy, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. And I am a safe driver and my record proves that.And with a 4.96 star rating, 2065 trips in just over one and a half years with many compliments and no prior complaints I can't even imagine what I could have done to piss somebody off so bad. The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives. Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain. And As more of these sick people realize or learn that all it takes is a false report to get a driver canned the faster drivers will be dropping like flies with this bizarre and unreasonable policy that Uber has in place. Uber and Lyft have an overabundance of drivers now but they better hope it doesn't get depleted over this and many other policies they have in place or have recently changed to benefit them and hurt the Riders and the drivers. You just can't please everybody but I certainly try my best with all my Riders and I can say i have never had a confrontation with any of them. The sad thing is other than a dash cam which I still haven't gotten, drivers have 0 protection from people like this and even with a dash cam you're not fully protected.I totally get and agree that with serious accusations they have to put accounts on hold and investigate but in my case and I'm sure many others I feel I deserve and have a right to know what I'm being accused of at least.Uber really needs to reevaluate their policy on this and come up with a better one that's not one-sided. I'm all about protection of the riders and the drivers alike but it has to be fair.And after reading other stories don't have a lot of faith that they are going to fairly resolve this and get me back on the road.How can a one-sided investigation be fair?Probably doesn't matter anymore anyway because as this carries on as a mystery to me the more frustrated I get the more I speak my mind and that's never good. But I've about had it. The only thing I can say and it's not good is that after doing a little research and reading other people's stories I know I'm not alone on this and it's actually common.The only thing is in most of the other stories I've read the driver knew what they were being suspended and investigated for. I still don't. All I know is that my account is on hold due to passenger complaint. Actual complaint is a secret so far.According to drivers support it's a temporary hold, One support rep called it waitlisted. With no time frame on completion of investigation or reinstatement. I still drive for Lyft but they do not have much of a market in my area. Not near as much as Uber does. And lyft is still a little bit cheaper for the Riders. At least in my area.It's going to be a struggle until I find a new job and or Uber reinstates me. And to be honest I have no faith that Uber is going to reinstate me based on the way they've handled this and many other cases like it so far. Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it. Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.
Wall of text. Paragraphs are your friend.

Uber does not investigate over weekends. When you are quoted 24-72 hours, those are business days.

Local regulations normally require the TNC to deactivate you for 72 hours if you are reported for driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol.

TDR

They aren't actually investigating. It's just a 48 hour temporary suspension. Take the lick and move on.
Just accept request with rating 4.8 and above. For sure you not going to make money. But driving for Lyft make you earnings. Be smart and stay out 4star and below.
Oh, and use paragraphs. I read one line and decided to stop. No one is reading that wall.
Just accept request with rating 4.8 and above. For sure you not going to make money. But driving for Lyft make you earnings. Be smart and stay out 4star and below.

tohunt4me

No No No. People out here complaining they can't make any money and now you want to give it away to a union so they can complain they have even less cash.
A Union would demand Accountability for False Accusations and Deactivations !

A Union would require Driver Compensation.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

A Union would demand Accountability for False Accusations and Deactivations !

A Union would require Driver Compensation.

A union also DEMAND DUES!!! from the working poor driver MOST OF WHICH NEVER have uber Corp. issues.

PTimers, retirees, house moms & dads and students wanting pizza money have zero interest in unions or dues. Aforementioned represent a big chunk of drivers

tohunt4me

The RIDER should ALSO BE SUSPENDED.

PENDING OUTCOME OF THE " "INVESTIGATION".
  • On Saturday I received an email stating that my account was put on hold pending investigation due to a Rider complaint. When I replied asking what the complaint was not only did they refuse to tell me but after trying to email them for information a couple more times to no avail they wouldn't even reply back at all and now just a little over three days later they still refuse to answer my emails.Finally a driver support rep admitted to me that the original message thread from the investigation department is still open and that they are indeed flat out ignoring me.Also the driver support reps seem to have a script to help them dance around having to answer legitimate questions that either they don't have answers to or Uber doesn't want answered. The same exact thing happens and is said every time I call them and they have no information other than what I already know. Like a broken record.The First time they said the investigation would be complete in 24 hours,after 24 hours they said it takes 24 to 48 hours,now after more than 72 hours they're telling me there is no time frame on the investigations and never was. The time frames are the only thing that changed each time I called. And on top of it there is nobody above driver support apparently. No way to contact anyone from the investigation team. Lol I have to try to laugh to keep from crying or beating my head against the wall which is what it feels like after dealing with this for 3 straight days.Needless to say I am really beside myself over this. Lost 3 days of income so far including Saturday night the busiest night of course and at a very bad time for me. I am a standup,honest and friendly guy, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. And I am a safe driver and my record proves that.And with a 4.96 star rating, 2065 trips in just over one and a half years with many compliments and no prior complaints I can't even imagine what I could have done to piss somebody off so bad. The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives. Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain. And As more of these sick people realize or learn that all it takes is a false report to get a driver canned the faster drivers will be dropping like flies with this bizarre and unreasonable policy that Uber has in place. Uber and Lyft have an overabundance of drivers now but they better hope it doesn't get depleted over this and many other policies they have in place or have recently changed to benefit them and hurt the Riders and the drivers. You just can't please everybody but I certainly try my best with all my Riders and I can say i have never had a confrontation with any of them. The sad thing is other than a dash cam which I still haven't gotten, drivers have 0 protection from people like this and even with a dash cam you're not fully protected.I totally get and agree that with serious accusations they have to put accounts on hold and investigate but in my case and I'm sure many others I feel I deserve and have a right to know what I'm being accused of at least.Uber really needs to reevaluate their policy on this and come up with a better one that's not one-sided. I'm all about protection of the riders and the drivers alike but it has to be fair.And after reading other stories don't have a lot of faith that they are going to fairly resolve this and get me back on the road.How can a one-sided investigation be fair?Probably doesn't matter anymore anyway because as this carries on as a mystery to me the more frustrated I get the more I speak my mind and that's never good. But I've about had it. The only thing I can say and it's not good is that after doing a little research and reading other people's stories I know I'm not alone on this and it's actually common.The only thing is in most of the other stories I've read the driver knew what they were being suspended and investigated for. I still don't. All I know is that my account is on hold due to passenger complaint. Actual complaint is a secret so far.According to drivers support it's a temporary hold, One support rep called it waitlisted. With no time frame on completion of investigation or reinstatement. I still drive for Lyft but they do not have much of a market in my area. Not near as much as Uber does. And lyft is still a little bit cheaper for the Riders. At least in my area.It's going to be a struggle until I find a new job and or Uber reinstates me. And to be honest I have no faith that Uber is going to reinstate me based on the way they've handled this and many other cases like it so far. Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it. Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.

A union also DEMAND DUES!!! from the working poor driver MOST OF WHICH NEVER have uber Corp. issues.

PTimers, retirees, house moms & dads and students wanting pizza money have zero interest in unions or dues. Aforementioned represent a big chunk of drivers
You have NO WORKERS RIGHTS PRESENTLY !
YOU ARE DENIED YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO " FACE YOUR ACCUSER " !
You ALLOW Uber to VIOLATE THE U.S. CONSTITUTION !!!

Are you Happy with this abuse ?

Dues could be a NICKEL A RIDE !

Even " part timer hobbyists " could easily Afford !

A Union could actually be a good thing for Uber also.
It would probably provide actual testing regarding false impairment complaints.

It could handle Arbitration.
Which is stagnet and costing Uber a FORTUNE RIGHT NOW !

Many corporations want Unions.

Last edited:

UberLyftFlexWhatever

The RIDER should ALSO BE SUSPENDED.

PENDING OUTCOME OF THE " "INVESTIGATION".

You have NO WORKERS RIGHTS PRESENTLY !

Are you Happy with this abuse ?

Louisiana tohunt4me, I gotst me a FT J O B because I’m educated, certified and skilled.
I DF to work and DF home to deduct my commuting expenses..... no matter what SEAL Team 5 says :eek:

5 days a week, 10 rides or less a week for past 4 years
I have zero issues with uber Corp.

It’s a gig, too many try to make it a FT career, fail and complain endlessly like crybabys. U can’t make Low Skill a high wage job nor expect a living wage from a pt gig.

Retirees, PTimers, house wives & husbands and student wanting pizza money, ALL HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA.

tohunt4me

Louisiana tohunt4me, I gotst me a FT J O B because I’m educated, certified and skilled.
I DF to work and DF home to deduct my commuting expenses..... no matter what SEAL Team 5 says :eek:

It’s a gig, too many try to make it a FT career, fail and complain endlessly like crybabys. U can’t make Low Skill a high wage job
It is a " Gig" to YOU !
Not everyone shares YOUR summation.

A UNION would provide ACTUAL WORKER REPRESENTATION DURING FREQUENT UBER " CONTRACT REVISIONS" which are constantly thrust at us WITHOUT NOTICE !

UberLyftFlexWhatever

It is a " Gig" to YOU !
Not everyone shares YOUR summation.

Dude, it ain’t FT employment. It doesn’t offer a living 40 hour a week wage.
Stop trying to make it something it’s NOT.

FT uber means you’ll 4Ever be the working poor.

What’s YOUR beef??? you haven’t driven in years !!!

I’m done with this tired old cry baby worn out topic

:smiles: BYE :smiles:

tohunt4me

And
A UNION has LOBBYING POWER !

Government Representation regarding RIDESHARE LAW !

This will be of utmost importance to ALL
IN THE FUTURE !

You must look at the BIGGER PICTURE
AS A.I. & ROBOTICS INTRUDE INTO EVERY ASPECT OF HUMAN LIFE !

IF YOU DO NOT DO IT NOW

IT MAY BE TOO LATE IN THE FUTURE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-15-10-53-51.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-15-10-53-51.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 18

SatMan

Well, I'm a part timer/retired. I am more than willing to pay union dues or whatever it take to help drivers. I have paid for car insurance all my life. Only needed it 3 times. Very happy I had it each time. Small price to pay for most of my life.

Uber DEMANDS 40-60% OF THE FARE MOST OF THE TIME.

MOST OF THE WORKING POOR DRIVERS DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY ARE GETTING SCREWED OVER.

It’s a gig, too many try to make it a FT career, fail and complain endlessly like crybabys. U can’t make Low Skill a high wage job nor expect a living wage from a pt gig.

Retirees, PTimers, house wives & husbands and student wanting pizza money, ALL HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA.

Glad it's working out for you.....BUT YOU ARE NOT MOST OF US! WE ALL DESERVE A FAIR FARE...UBER SHOULD NEVER MAKE MORE THAN THE DRIVER ON ANY TRIP.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

Well, I'm a part timer/retired. I am more than willing to pay union dues or whatever it take to help drivers. I have paid for car insurance all my life. Only needed it 3 times. Very happy I had it each time. Small price to pay for most of my life.

Uber DEMANDS 40-60% OF THE FARE MOST OF THE TIME.

MOST OF THE WORKING POOR DRIVERS DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY ARE GETTING SCREWED OVER.

Glad it's working out for you.....BUT YOU ARE NOT MOST OF US! WE ALL DESERVE A FAIR FARE...UBER SHOULD NEVER MAKE MORE THAN THE DRIVER ON ANY TRIP.

QUIT!!!!!!
but you can’t, can you. Because u have nowhere else to go.
Uber knows this and will continue to treat you as disposable non-employees
Kicking you in the nutz whenever they want.

Unending supply of drivers. Thousands sign up Everyday.

SatMan >>>>>If uber had NEVER been started 10 years ago, No ride share from any company, No app.
What Would You Be Doing to earn a living Today ????

SatMan

QUIT!!!!!!
but you can’t, can you. Because u have nowhere else to go.
Uber knows this and will continue to treat you as disposable non-employees
Kicking you in the nutz whenever they want.

Unending supply of drivers. Thousands sign up Everyday.

SatMan >>>>>If uber had NEVER been started 10 years ago, No ride share from any company, No app.
What Would You Be Doing to earn a living Today ????

I would be driving an 18 wheeler..... In both rush hour traffic.....I choose the hours I drive, not uber. AND I KNOW HOW TO KICK BACK!!!! YOU CAN KEEP YOUR
NEGATIVE GARBAGE AND GO WORK FOR UBER... I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO.

Last edited:

Juggalo9er

A Union would hold these clowns accountable !

We must have Union Representation and Due Process !
I am in a union.... do you really think that
A. A union would want to represent uber drivers
B. A union would spend money on arbitration every time someone got suspended

Christinebitg

YOU ARE DENIED YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO " FACE YOUR ACCUSER " !
You are confused about how this works.

The Constitution talks about the obligations of the federal government, and in some cases, the state and local governments.

There is no right to face your accuser when it's a corporation.

There is no right to free speech when it's a corporation.

Go look it up.

BigRedDriver

Also if you didn't touch a passenger in any way I would continue to fight it with them because note the last part. Basically they are saying "We will let it go this time but if another passenger makes a (false) report 1,000 trips from now we will permanently deactivate you." Uber uses past reports as "evidence" against you. So if you are innocent then continue fighting, offer dash cam footage, etc. Tell them you want it off your record completely because you are absolutely not guilty of any such thing (assuming you aren't).

At a bare minimum, put your innocence in writing, send certified mail, return receipt requested. Keep copies of the signed letter and the certified receipt. When the certification of delivery is returned to you, staple it to the rest.

Paper trails, always create paper trails.