Suspended and ignored by investigation team

Skiiman720

• On Saturday I received an email stating that my account was put on hold pending investigation due to a Rider complaint. When I replied asking what the complaint was not only did they refuse to tell me but after trying to email them for information a couple more times to no avail they wouldn't even reply back at all and now just a little over three days later they still refuse to answer my emails.Finally a driver support rep admitted to me that the original message thread from the investigation department is still open and that they are indeed flat out ignoring me.Also the driver support reps seem to have a script to help them dance around having to answer legitimate questions that either they don't have answers to or Uber doesn't want answered. The same exact thing happens and is said every time I call them and they have no information other than what I already know. Like a broken record.The First time they said the investigation would be complete in 24 hours,after 24 hours they said it takes 24 to 48 hours,now after more than 72 hours they're telling me there is no time frame on the investigations and never was. The time frames are the only thing that changed each time I called. And on top of it there is nobody above driver support apparently. No way to contact anyone from the investigation team. Lol I have to try to laugh to keep from crying or beating my head against the wall which is what it feels like after dealing with this for 3 straight days.Needless to say I am really beside myself over this. Lost 3 days of income so far including Saturday night the busiest night of course and at a very bad time for me. I am a standup,honest and friendly guy, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. And I am a safe driver and my record proves that.And with a 4.96 star rating, 2065 trips in just over one and a half years with many compliments and no prior complaints I can't even imagine what I could have done to piss somebody off so bad. The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives. Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain. And As more of these sick people realize or learn that all it takes is a false report to get a driver canned the faster drivers will be dropping like flies with this bizarre and unreasonable policy that Uber has in place. Uber and Lyft have an overabundance of drivers now but they better hope it doesn't get depleted over this and many other policies they have in place or have recently changed to benefit them and hurt the Riders and the drivers. You just can't please everybody but I certainly try my best with all my Riders and I can say i have never had a confrontation with any of them. The sad thing is other than a dash cam which I still haven't gotten, drivers have 0 protection from people like this and even with a dash cam you're not fully protected.I totally get and agree that with serious accusations they have to put accounts on hold and investigate but in my case and I'm sure many others I feel I deserve and have a right to know what I'm being accused of at least.Uber really needs to reevaluate their policy on this and come up with a better one that's not one-sided. I'm all about protection of the riders and the drivers alike but it has to be fair.And after reading other stories don't have a lot of faith that they are going to fairly resolve this and get me back on the road.How can a one-sided investigation be fair?Probably doesn't matter anymore anyway because as this carries on as a mystery to me the more frustrated I get the more I speak my mind and that's never good. But I've about had it. The only thing I can say and it's not good is that after doing a little research and reading other people's stories I know I'm not alone on this and it's actually common.The only thing is in most of the other stories I've read the driver knew what they were being suspended and investigated for. I still don't. All I know is that my account is on hold due to passenger complaint. Actual complaint is a secret so far.According to drivers support it's a temporary hold, One support rep called it waitlisted. With no time frame on completion of investigation or reinstatement. I still drive for Lyft but they do not have much of a market in my area. Not near as much as Uber does. And lyft is still a little bit cheaper for the Riders. At least in my area.It's going to be a struggle until I find a new job and or Uber reinstates me. And to be honest I have no faith that Uber is going to reinstate me based on the way they've handled this and many other cases like it so far. Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it. Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• On Saturday I received an email stating that my account was put on hold pending investigation due to a Rider complaint. When I replied asking what the complaint was not only did they refuse to tell me but after trying to email them for information a couple more times to no avail they wouldn't even reply back at all and now just a little over three days later they still refuse to answer my emails.Finally a driver support rep admitted to me that the original message thread from the investigation department is still open and that they are indeed flat out ignoring me.Also the driver support reps seem to have a script to help them dance around having to answer legitimate questions that either they don't have answers to or Uber doesn't want answered. The same exact thing happens and is said every time I call them and they have no information other than what I already know. Like a broken record.The First time they said the investigation would be complete in 24 hours,after 24 hours they said it takes 24 to 48 hours,now after more than 72 hours they're telling me there is no time frame on the investigations and never was. The time frames are the only thing that changed each time I called. And on top of it there is nobody above driver support apparently. No way to contact anyone from the investigation team. Lol I have to try to laugh to keep from crying or beating my head against the wall which is what it feels like after dealing with this for 3 straight days.Needless to say I am really beside myself over this. Lost 3 days of income so far including Saturday night the busiest night of course and at a very bad time for me. I am a standup,honest and friendly guy, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. And I am a safe driver and my record proves that.And with a 4.96 star rating, 2065 trips in just over one and a half years with many compliments and no prior complaints I can't even imagine what I could have done to piss somebody off so bad. The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives. Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain. And As more of these sick people realize or learn that all it takes is a false report to get a driver canned the faster drivers will be dropping like flies with this bizarre and unreasonable policy that Uber has in place. Uber and Lyft have an overabundance of drivers now but they better hope it doesn't get depleted over this and many other policies they have in place or have recently changed to benefit them and hurt the Riders and the drivers. You just can't please everybody but I certainly try my best with all my Riders and I can say i have never had a confrontation with any of them. The sad thing is other than a dash cam which I still haven't gotten, drivers have 0 protection from people like this and even with a dash cam you're not fully protected.I totally get and agree that with serious accusations they have to put accounts on hold and investigate but in my case and I'm sure many others I feel I deserve and have a right to know what I'm being accused of at least.Uber really needs to reevaluate their policy on this and come up with a better one that's not one-sided. I'm all about protection of the riders and the drivers alike but it has to be fair.And after reading other stories don't have a lot of faith that they are going to fairly resolve this and get me back on the road.How can a one-sided investigation be fair?Probably doesn't matter anymore anyway because as this carries on as a mystery to me the more frustrated I get the more I speak my mind and that's never good. But I've about had it. The only thing I can say and it's not good is that after doing a little research and reading other people's stories I know I'm not alone on this and it's actually common.The only thing is in most of the other stories I've read the driver knew what they were being suspended and investigated for. I still don't. All I know is that my account is on hold due to passenger complaint. Actual complaint is a secret so far.According to drivers support it's a temporary hold, One support rep called it waitlisted. With no time frame on completion of investigation or reinstatement. I still drive for Lyft but they do not have much of a market in my area. Not near as much as Uber does. And lyft is still a little bit cheaper for the Riders. At least in my area.It's going to be a struggle until I find a new job and or Uber reinstates me. And to be honest I have no faith that Uber is going to reinstate me based on the way they've handled this and many other cases like it so far. Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it. Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.

Another one bites the dust. Most of us read this story before. Many drivers go through this if they don't quit or die first. I just skimmed over your sob story. Good luck!

Last edited:

NorCalPhil

I'll also say it is par for the course with giant corporations like this. I once worked for a company that took 6 weeks to get me a computer. For 6 weeks I showed up and sat in a cube with a newspaper and my lunch and did absolutely nothing until the computer arrived. Then they started to train me.

LyftNewbie10

• The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives. Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain.

Yes, indeed.

Sorry to hear about what you have endured. This place isn't the best for compassion. :frown:

Obviously and understandably, you are upset. Don't mind the obnoxious comments re: paragraphs/carriage returns.

Maybe shift more focus to Lyft, and try driving in more populated areas. Lyft knows about the scammers; they flag them and are helpful when it comes to crazy and unfair ratings. Uber's support S U C K S in this area; their solution is "drive more, and eventually the bad ratings will go away".

Mista T

Author
there is no investigation. there is no investigation team.they put you on the side until they either want you back or say screw it and you go away.

it sucks.

i highly suggest finding a different job in the meantime. who knows, you might actually be happier doing something else.

good luck.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
I've added some carriage returns to the OP's post below:

On Saturday I received an email stating that my account was put on hold pending investigation due to a Rider complaint. When I replied asking what the complaint was not only did they refuse to tell me but after trying to email them for information a couple more times to no avail they wouldn't even reply back at all and now just a little over three days later they still refuse to answer my emails.

Finally a driver support rep admitted to me that the original message thread from the investigation department is still open and that they are indeed flat out ignoring me. Also the driver support reps seem to have a script to help them dance around having to answer legitimate questions that either they don't have answers to or Uber doesn't want answered.

The same exact thing happens and is said every time I call them and they have no information other than what I already know. Like a broken record.The First time they said the investigation would be complete in 24 hours,after 24 hours they said it takes 24 to 48 hours,now after more than 72 hours they're telling me there is no time frame on the investigations and never was. The time frames are the only thing that changed each time I called.

And on top of it there is nobody above driver support apparently. No way to contact anyone from the investigation team. Lol I have to try to laugh to keep from crying or beating my head against the wall which is what it feels like after dealing with this for 3 straight days.

Needless to say I am really beside myself over this. Lost 3 days of income so far including Saturday night the busiest night of course and at a very bad time for me. I am a standup,honest and friendly guy, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. And I am a safe driver and my record proves that.

And with a 4.96 star rating, 2065 trips in just over one and a half years with many compliments and no prior complaints I can't even imagine what I could have done to piss somebody off so bad. The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives.

Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain. And As more of these sick people realize or learn that all it takes is a false report to get a driver canned the faster drivers will be dropping like flies with this bizarre and unreasonable policy that Uber has in place.

Uber and Lyft have an overabundance of drivers now but they better hope it doesn't get depleted over this and many other policies they have in place or have recently changed to benefit them and hurt the Riders and the drivers.

You just can't please everybody but I certainly try my best with all my Riders and I can say i have never had a confrontation with any of them. The sad thing is other than a dash cam which I still haven't gotten, drivers have 0 protection from people like this and even with a dash cam you're not fully protected.

I totally get and agree that with serious accusations they have to put accounts on hold and investigate but in my case and I'm sure many others I feel I deserve and have a right to know what I'm being accused of at least. Uber really needs to reevaluate their policy on this and come up with a better one that's not one-sided. I'm all about protection of the riders and the drivers alike but it has to be fair.

And after reading other stories don't have a lot of faith that they are going to fairly resolve this and get me back on the road.How can a one-sided investigation be fair? Probably doesn't matter anymore anyway because as this carries on as a mystery to me the more frustrated I get the more I speak my mind and that's never good. But I've about had it.

The only thing I can say and it's not good is that after doing a little research and reading other people's stories I know I'm not alone on this and it's actually common.

The only thing is in most of the other stories I've read the driver knew what they were being suspended and investigated for. I still don't. All I know is that my account is on hold due to passenger complaint. Actual complaint is a secret so far.According to drivers support it's a temporary hold, One support rep called it waitlisted. With no time frame on completion of investigation or reinstatement.

I still drive for Lyft but they do not have much of a market in my area. Not near as much as Uber does. And lyft is still a little bit cheaper for the Riders. At least in my area.It's going to be a struggle until I find a new job and or Uber reinstates me. And to be honest I have no faith that Uber is going to reinstate me based on the way they've handled this and many other cases like it so far. Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it.

Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.

UberBastid

... and really ... do you want to work for a company like this?

I mean, jeeze, why can't you go out and get a decent job digging ditches, or inseminating cows, or some other better job?
I heard an advertisement on the radio today, from a town advertising for help. A whole town. The city of Elko, Nevada advertised that they need "all types and classifications of workers. From physicians and nurses, to hospitality workers, heavy equipment operators, bus drivers and more. And we offer top dollar and benefits." They went on to say that there were no state income taxes and that most employers were willing to train for many of the jobs.
I bet they don't have a lot of Uber drivers there.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
Unfortunately you're just going to have to wait until Uber makes their decision. And if it's an accusation of intoxication then there is a mandatory timeout period. And yeah, it probably is just someone trying to get a free ride at your expense.

jgiun1

Everything with Uber is calculated mind games....from new app down to and including the 24/7 support. I swear support is just circles and circles of same speech made to tire you out in the process and go away.

You don't respond, they might think you don't care. You respond too much and afraid they might not like it and deactivate your azz.

I'll tell you only thing Uber responds to immediately....the finding of a lost item from the precious pax. Damn it's like 5-10 minutes when you report, message sent out from them.

Good luck and hope you get back to earning with Christmas around the bend.

Uber Crack

Author
I've added some carriage returns to the OP's post below:

On Saturday I received an email stating that my account was put on hold pending investigation due to a Rider complaint. When I replied asking what the complaint was not only did they refuse to tell me but after trying to email them for information a couple more times to no avail they wouldn't even reply back at all and now just a little over three days later they still refuse to answer my emails.

Finally a driver support rep admitted to me that the original message thread from the investigation department is still open and that they are indeed flat out ignoring me. Also the driver support reps seem to have a script to help them dance around having to answer legitimate questions that either they don't have answers to or Uber doesn't want answered.

The same exact thing happens and is said every time I call them and they have no information other than what I already know. Like a broken record.The First time they said the investigation would be complete in 24 hours,after 24 hours they said it takes 24 to 48 hours,now after more than 72 hours they're telling me there is no time frame on the investigations and never was. The time frames are the only thing that changed each time I called.

And on top of it there is nobody above driver support apparently. No way to contact anyone from the investigation team. Lol I have to try to laugh to keep from crying or beating my head against the wall which is what it feels like after dealing with this for 3 straight days.

Needless to say I am really beside myself over this. Lost 3 days of income so far including Saturday night the busiest night of course and at a very bad time for me. I am a standup,honest and friendly guy, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. And I am a safe driver and my record proves that.

And with a 4.96 star rating, 2065 trips in just over one and a half years with many compliments and no prior complaints I can't even imagine what I could have done to piss somebody off so bad. The fact of the matter is there are sick people out there that get off on trying to ruin or disrupt other people's lives.

Some that just love to complain and people that no matter what you do for them or how good/comfortabel/smooth the trip is they are going to complain. And As more of these sick people realize or learn that all it takes is a false report to get a driver canned the faster drivers will be dropping like flies with this bizarre and unreasonable policy that Uber has in place.

Uber and Lyft have an overabundance of drivers now but they better hope it doesn't get depleted over this and many other policies they have in place or have recently changed to benefit them and hurt the Riders and the drivers.

You just can't please everybody but I certainly try my best with all my Riders and I can say i have never had a confrontation with any of them. The sad thing is other than a dash cam which I still haven't gotten, drivers have 0 protection from people like this and even with a dash cam you're not fully protected.

I totally get and agree that with serious accusations they have to put accounts on hold and investigate but in my case and I'm sure many others I feel I deserve and have a right to know what I'm being accused of at least. Uber really needs to reevaluate their policy on this and come up with a better one that's not one-sided. I'm all about protection of the riders and the drivers alike but it has to be fair.

And after reading other stories don't have a lot of faith that they are going to fairly resolve this and get me back on the road.How can a one-sided investigation be fair? Probably doesn't matter anymore anyway because as this carries on as a mystery to me the more frustrated I get the more I speak my mind and that's never good. But I've about had it.

The only thing I can say and it's not good is that after doing a little research and reading other people's stories I know I'm not alone on this and it's actually common.

The only thing is in most of the other stories I've read the driver knew what they were being suspended and investigated for. I still don't. All I know is that my account is on hold due to passenger complaint. Actual complaint is a secret so far.According to drivers support it's a temporary hold, One support rep called it waitlisted. With no time frame on completion of investigation or reinstatement.

I still drive for Lyft but they do not have much of a market in my area. Not near as much as Uber does. And lyft is still a little bit cheaper for the Riders. At least in my area.It's going to be a struggle until I find a new job and or Uber reinstates me. And to be honest I have no faith that Uber is going to reinstate me based on the way they've handled this and many other cases like it so far. Very unprofessional to say the least for a giant company like this. Not so much that it's happening but they they are so blatant about it and are not even trying to justify most of it.

Anyway sorry for rambling but Thanks for letting me share,it does help a little and good luck to all of you still driving. Hopefully Uber will do the right thing for me and the many many others that are being wrongfully accused of things they didn't do.
I'm really sorry man. :frown: Let us know what happens.

New2This

inseminating cows,

tenor-19.gif

Jufkii

I'll also say it is par for the course with giant corporations like this. I once worked for a company that took 6 weeks to get me a computer. For 6 weeks I showed up and sat in a cube with a newspaper and my lunch and did absolutely nothing until the computer arrived. Then they started to train me.
8 weeks for me at a hospital once. Though they did on occasion try to keep me occupied with "busy" tasks like cleaning the break room refrigerator, keeping the employee entrance door free from excess sand and ice melt in the winter,etc. Kept me "occupied" for an hour or so some times.