SU's Voyage to SD,CA: Smooth Sailing -or- Sideways?

IS SU's trip to San Diego gonna be a success?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spotscat

I predict that somewhere between Grand Junction, Colorado and Beaver, Utah that this journey will come to a tragic conclusion. SadUber will be abducted by one of the religious cults who inhabit the area, and they will use him as a human sacrifice to their idol - Keith Richards.

(Yes, there is a town called Beaver, Utah - best known for the "I ♡ Beaver" bumper stickers, and T-shirts from the local package store emblazoned "Beaver Liquor").

All kidding aside, it depends upon the weather. Going up to the Eisenhower, out to Grand Junction, then across Utah and down to Cedar City can be hazardous. Once you go through the Virgin River gorge in Arizona and drop down into Vegas its a great ride - but Denver to Cedar City can be tricky.

Rakos

I can see it now...

SadUber goes West with DDs....

Regains his youthful vigor....

Becomes celebrated author....

Reliving his exploits...

Book to be released soon....8>)

Rakos

PS. Movie to follow...

Monkey Filming.jpg

1rightwinger

SadUber is doing a driveaway (driving someone's car from point a to point b for a small fee) to San Diego from Minneapolis.

The movie "The Hitcher" was based on a guy doing a driveaway to San Diego from Chicago.

Let's hope SadUber's driveaway does not turn out like "The Hitcher".

If you have not seen the movie, you need to see it (the 1986 version). Rutger Hauer played one bada$$ dude.

Attachments

• the hitcher.jpg
    the hitcher.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Rakos

SadUber is doing a driveaway (driving someone's car from point a to point b for a small fee) to San Diego from Minneapolis.

The movie "The Hitcher" was based on a guy doing a driveaway to San Diego from Chicago.

Let's hope SadUber's driveaway does not turn out like "The Hitcher".

If you have not seen the movie, you need to see it (the 1986 version). Rutger Hauer played one bada$$ dude.

I remember the good old days...

A good thumb could take you far....

Amd then all the stories...

About the "Hitchhiker from he$$"

Sure met a lot of cool people in the 70s...

They were always happy to see...

A traveling simian...8>)

Rakos

hitchhiking.jpg

Tr4vis Ka1anick

It is a little disheartening when the "Tr4vis is Weird" response sometimes outpaces no in choice. As it stands right now 6 votes are no, 5 are "Travis is Weird".

Not good numbers, sigh.