Uber Drivers Forum banner

SURPRISE! Trump Hates You, Too

618 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Carbuncle 
#1 ·
#8 ·
We really don't want to be classed as employees. We should instead be collectively suing for massive fraud then force them to honor the parameters of independent contractor and small business status.

Drivers stand to do much better for themselves if Uber and Lyft are regulated in a manner that holds them to their claims that they're merely providing a neutral market place for drivers and riders to connect.

All the myriad ways they manipulate drivers and control the market are a clear case of "cake and eat it too" fixing.

We're all familiar with how they say one thing yet do another. It's pure gaslighting.

The government needs to impose a floor on the rates consistent with standards in the for-hire industry just as is done in NYC.

There doesn't need to be a cap on drivers, just a FCFS queue that doesn't allow drivers to go online in a given area until the first on are requested.

Trust me, no one is gonna like being designated as employees. The hours and earnings will suck and all of the freedoms that originally made this appealing will vanish.

Just require Uber and Lyft to honor the contractor status and stay out of our affairs and it will work.

#11 ·
Yes let's make you all employees (don't you want to be a cab driver?). No more freedom to work anytime you want. Yes unionize. It's worked so well for the auto industry and examples like Hostess.

#12 ·
What's disturbing here is that Uber offering free pizza to drivers who show up at the anti union meetings. I've seen a lot of stupid people but shooting yourself in the foot for a freaking pizza is beyond any sane person's comprehension.
I THINK THAT DEADMAN GUY WHO LIVES IN A GARAGE IN SOUTH GATE WOULD TAKE THIS OFFER

#14 ·
This is case and point. We have to be recognized as employees and then we have the right to unionize. We can than talk to uber/lyft on a level playing field. We can have our lawyers speak with theirs and come up with a hybrid independent contractor /employee relationship.
Do we have to be employees to unionize? What about if we became a trade association instead?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.