• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Surprise . . . it's a pool

Daisey77

Are you guys all getting notified on the incoming request if it's a pool? Twice, in this past week, I accepted an uberX only to find out once I arrived and got the timer going or I got redirected, that the ride is in fact a pool. The first time I just thought I somehow missed it but that's definitely not the case the second time. Not only was I surprised to find out it was actually a pool, my second passenger was just as surprised. He said he did not order the pool. Curious if anyone else has experienced this. I can see them doing that to us drivers but that's kind of a big deal if they are doing it to the passengers

graphicgenie

I think im sur ptise me too... and im always checking if irs pool or xber. So yeah i get them too. Im just as special as u r.

DenverRideGirl

Yep!! This BS has happened to me at least 3x in the last 4-5 wks. I stopped going pool unless it’s surging. I pick up and all of a sudden it’s pool — or I noticed it afterwards on trip review. I’ve also had a couple pool express that were supposedly pool

Westerner

Haven't had that problem but seems like I'm suddenly getting an abnormally large number of pool requests. I rarely accept pools and never accept express pools. On the rare times I do accept a pool I always immediately stop new requests so I don't get a second rider/party. I know this causes Uber to lose money, wonder if this might be why they are starting to sneak pools in?

Daisey77

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always stop incoming requests too but I typically wait until Im picking up the passenger to do so. On X, they typically don't back you up requests while in route to passenger. Therefore since I accepted an X ride, I didn't foresee them adding passengers.
Haven't had that problem but seems like I'm suddenly getting an abnormally large number of pool requests. I rarely accept pools and never accept express pools. On the rare times I do accept a pool I always immediately stop new requests so I don't get a second rider/party. I know this causes Uber to lose money, wonder if this might be why they are starting to sneak pools in?
How do you know if it is an Express pool prior to accepting? They don't tell you until you accept it whether it's a regular or an Express. I don't typically accept pools at all unless it's surging really high. So they may have changed this policy and I'm unaware of it but that's how they had it set up

Westerner

Yes, they do tell you if it's an express or regular pool unless you've already accepted it and then they add another rider

Apeman54

Seems like I had a couple last weekend that didn't say type and my cancel rate took a hit because after excepting I found out they were Express pool which I ignore or cancel.

Daisey77

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They don't always lose money now. They've gotten a lot smarter about it. I have went back and checked on a few. even just picking up one passenger they're still making money.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RideshareUSA Stories 30
C Chicago 2
OC-Moe Los Angeles & Orange County 49