Surging now but staying home.

5231XDMA

Stay home guys, not worth it to sacrifice for this satanic company giving up your God given right to stay with family and friends, eat and drink. Do not be persuaded by the devil's temptation that is the surges, remember you always pay it back somehow, the devil himself aka Uber algorithm ensures that. Your car, your reliable steed, will also thank you for not abusing it on the holy day of rest. Some guy or person once said he'd never earn the last dollar, it usually comes with hidden cost! So enjoy your day like I am! Happy holidays!

Last edited:

Jef313392

I thought the surge was about demand for rides based on available uber cars? Thurs thru Sat last week was busy. I did real well. I lasted 90 minutes Sunday with $7 surges. Got 2 short rides. Why a surge then? I didn't bother yesterday. I saw a surge but then went on the uber pax app and saw 5 vehicles appearing to be sitting idle near my house. Maybe they're using the surge as bait to get us out there?

5231XDMA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought the surge was about demand for rides based on available uber cars? Thurs thru Sat last week was busy. I did real well. I lasted 90 minutes Sunday with $7 surges. Got 2 short rides. Why a surge then? I didn't bother yesterday. I saw a surge but then went on the uber pax app and saw 5 vehicles appearing to be sitting idle near my house. Maybe they're using the surge as bait to get us out there?
Uber wants more driver on so they can deal with sudden shift in demand. Sometimes the surge is real and sometimes the surge is fake. How I know? I was in Huntington a couple days ago during the surge madness, 10 dollar surge all day, but I checked the passenger payment, uber was losing money on each and every one of those rides. That's a surge created by Uber to get people to drive. I would drive for 10 dollar surge regardless if its busy because you still make 10 dollar if you wait an hour for a ping, that's not bad for not using gas. But yesterday and today I decide to rest because why punish yourself for pennies, life is short, enjoy it.

most surges are fake to get drivers to drive for peanuts on Christmas...once you on the street Uber app will make sure that you don’t make more then $25 hour
I really do not believe this rhetoric, which I've seen other worldwide members say.
There are times I've done above $30/ hour. I've had $50+ hours which were either long rides or shorter rides with huge surges.

USMCX

I'm not sure if it's fake surge or pax refusing to pay, but I've learned to ignore certain areas when it surges. Great Neck in particular.