1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Surging in orange zone??

Discussion in 'Surge' started by Ruthie09, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Ruthie09

Ruthie09

Driving:
    UberX
    Ever since the new app was pushed out a couple of weeks ago, I keep seeing what I think are false or "ghost" search indicators in orange and yellow zones. Is anyone else seeing those? Are those truly false surge indicators or can you, in fact, get surge pricing in orange and yellow areas??

2. Trebor

Trebor

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The app is letting you know that their is an increase in riders. Sometimes this leads to a surge coming on, but is not always the case.

Never chase the surge.

3. ReviTULize

ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    In our market, it will turn orange to indicate that the demand has lowered and it starts dropping soon after.

4. rtaatl

rtaatl

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Supposedly orange means an increase in demand yet I've had the entire city of Atlanta in orange and not one ping...go figure..lol!

5. ReviTULize

ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Ours will turn orange, but still show surge...this is when the multiplier is about to drop

6. Ruthie09

Ruthie09

Driving:
    UberX
    As near as I can tell, it's a false image. I've never actually gotten a search multiplier fair from a non-red zone. I hope they fix it because it's very annoying.

ReviTULize likes this.