• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Surges disappeared today.....

MissAnne

Sting concert was tonight, no surge at Usana, Bees game, no surge there either... wonder if my app isn’t working correctly ??

losiglow

Same here. I was up in Park City and lyft was going crazy but Uber wasn't surging at all. All of the drivers ended up turning Uber off and just doing Lyft. Lyft was giving personal power zones but nothing for Uber. I stopped and talked to two other drivers and they were having the same problem. No surge whatsoever. I didn't see any after about 9 p.m. last night and none at all today. Bizarre.

MissAnne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad I am not the only one ... I did the same, turned off Uber and just drove Lyft, did ok money wise... but no where near what usually make on a Saturday night

losiglow

I did okay surprisingly. Mostly because of a few Uber select rides and Lyft power zones. But it was definitely a shocker. Especially with as busy as it was.

I hope this is temporary. I was thinking that it's either a glitch in the app for some sort of promotion that Uber is mysteriously running over the labor day weekend. Still no surge as of this morning.

dlearl476

Get used to it. Uber is now offering "points" towards UberPro and oil change discounts instead of cash incentives.

I only drive eats, but boosts and quests (the eats version of surges) have been virtually non-existent for 6 months now. SLC used to be 1.8X-2.1X on weekends, now it's rarely even 1.2 for a few hours two or three times a week.

The only reason I even log in anymore is to get $6+ guarantees in between GH deliveries

MissAnne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Miraculously, the surges are back now... It must’ve been a glitch in the system, but it picked a really bad time to do it

DriverMark

Well..... think I said somewhere else. Labor Day weekend is typically a slow weekend. I wasn't really expecting much, but was even worse than I was expecting. Certainly could have been something else going on with Uber that caused lack of any surge.