#surgekillers

San Diego X

^Some people have to work (grind) for a living, or can't sit around for 10 hours/day monitoring the Uber app for a surge that may never appear. There is no perfect Uber strategy.

One reason why we have micro surges (surge that lasts for a couple minutes) is because of people that fraudulently game the system by place their car in the surge zone, without actually being in the surge zone, when they pop online, surge disappears. We've read on this forum of 5 or 6 cars appearing instantaneously, killing surge.

stuber

^Some people have to work (grind) for a living, or can't sit around for 10 hours/day monitoring the Uber app for a surge that may never appear. There is no perfect Uber strategy.

One reason why we have micro surges (surge that lasts for a couple minutes) is because of people that fraudulently game the system by place their car in the surge zone, without actually being in the surge zone, when they pop online, surge disappears. We've read on this forum of 5 or 6 cars appearing instantaneously, killing surge.
Hmmm? I don't read up enough on phone hacking apparently. How does that work?

San Diego X

Respect man. I don't know how you do it with these fares. When I give a 30 minute ride in traffic from la Holla to downtown and my net is $10 I want to cut myself. When I give an uber poo ride from near the airport to la jolla and my net is $7 I want to cut myself. You are a strong man.
Well I'm not a FT driver, just do it for extra money when I have free time from my other job.

Last week I didn't drive at all. Took some free time to enjoy the beach during the heat wave. This week I might hit the road for 10 hours total.

Tidballa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wouldn't you want to use your time as wisely as possible then. Half the fun is researching the hot spots. It's like fishing to me.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I could never do this full time. I would need back surgery. I am almost done with my teacher credential after switching careers from a shitty desk job. I have been substitute teaching for the last year which pays better than you would think.

San Diego X

Wouldn't you want to use your time as wisely as possible then. Half the fun is researching the hot spots. It's like fishing to me.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I could never do this full time. I would need back surgery. I am almost done with my teacher credential after switching careers from a shitty desk job. I have been substitute teaching for the last year which pays better than you would think.
I don't have time to monitor the app. I'm either available or not available. I don't drive nights at all unless its a holiday. I work 40 hours at the other job, and have a goal of $12-15,000 with Uber.

Ubernic

I honestly hope you become a better person before you start teaching. We need teachers and I appreciate you taking that route, but please don't be cruel behind your students backs in the same manner you are cruel towards your riders.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

It is not about how much you make per hour, but actual cost/ earnings per mile. I will not drive if I am making less than 1 dollar net per mile. I will also not drive unless I am able to make 150 minimum per shift. I value my time way more than earning less than 20$ an hour, while putting miles on my vehicle. If you have 5 hours to drive, I guarantee if you took the time to make strategic decisions, you would most likely make the same amount of money, in the same amount of hours, but have less hours with your wheels moving.

DriverX

When you surge drive properly the surge tells you when there is business. If there isn't an uber available in an area it immediately surges when a request is received. You aren't missing out on business that isn't there. stop fantazing and pay attention to the GD apps.

DriverX

SD X has no reason to drone around. He has a full time gig and doesn't really need his uber income. SO why are drivers like him so afraid of taking a chance at learning a new way to drive Uber? If it fails for you, it deosn't matter, you have a steady income and can try something differnt next week, but if you can figure it out, you'll be doubling your money for the time you put in.

Have some self confidence that your bright enough to make your own decisions.

ATL2SD

Yes! At the beginning of the week I find all the events I can & mark them on my iPhone calendar. Pick the ones I think will be popular & go for it. More times than not I make some decent coin from them. If the events are slow that week I either go to my normal spots or just don't drive. Like some other poster's have mention, my family would be pissed if I sat in my car after my 9-5 making minimum bucks. Gotta maximize your time out here.

Tidballa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly hope you become a better person before you start teaching. We need teachers and I appreciate you taking that route, but please don't be cruel behind your students backs in the same manner you are cruel towards your riders.
I don't need you judging me. You don't know me. I made one cruel post that I regret and take back. I would never be cruel behind a students back. I take great pride in helping kids.

DriverX

Stop judging everyone Ubernic, you;re no better than anyone here and have no moral high ground after the sh*t you have said to others.

GO to a church if you want to hold hands and sing songs about how your god has forsaken you. We are here to increase our profits by sharing our successes and failures. You people just want to shout us down and tell us we are wrong for being smarter than you Grinders. You want to drag everyonde down to your lowly $10 an hour grind so people will pity you and offer a tip.

Fok tips! fok Ubers pittance grinder wages! I do this for profit not for fun or socializing or some kind of service to humanity and all drunk kind. I hope your driving right now becasue its dead AF everywhere and your losing money fast.

DriverX

that's POLITICS buck up and defend your opinion or be prodded into submission by your masters.

Flarpy

The GPS spoofing sounds like a pretty good idea. Though I heard apps have a way of telling you're spoofing but I can't confirm that.

Only issue is what happens when a rider requests you, thinks you're two blocks away, and suddenly your car pops up in a different location 10 minutes away? You have to turn off the spoofer at some point.

And it seems the Uber/Lyft systems would flag any driver whose GPS moves erratically from one location to another. Especially to/from surge locations.

If you were really sophisticated you could rig up a system in your car that actually broadcasts GPS satellite signals at such a power that they drown out the real ones. Whenever you picked up a rider you'd press a button and the GPS system would simulate a (really) fast trip to Arizona and back. That way you could rack up 1000-mile trips and both your GPS and the rider's GPS would back it up! Hahaha

San Diego Steve

that's POLITICS buck up and defend your opinion or be prodded into submission by your masters.
Your getting testy Mr. Bridges! Great week, cleared 1k for the week on 45 hours online estimate, 55 overall with breaks and commute dead hours. The Lyft hourly and 10% pd bonus paid off. Easy money overall, 63 total rides at over 1k net revenue. I'm a hybrid Grinder as you named me. I don't take shit uber rides at base rate and only take standard rate Lyft for the tips and pd bonus. It will be interesting to see how the Lyft FIFO works at airport. Now we'll see how many rides we can pull out of their between the two. I wonder how the rest of the grinders and surgers did last week? That was a bunch of shit rides downtown, most were worthless without the Lyft guarantee per hour. Go surfing bro, this town is dead until weekend.