Surge tutorial

anOzzieUber

Not really all that applicable to Australia, well certainly not the Brisbane market where surge comes and goes like a $2 hooker.

But look at this advice this way, if most drivers followed this advice it simply wouldn't work. You'd have say 50% of drivers trying to do this, as soon as surge hits 1.5x (which is probably acceptable here in Australia) all of a sudden 500-1000 drivers would go online, and BOOM the surge is over.

Not to mention that this sort of thing is paramount to price fixing which the ASIC takes a very dim view on.

meluber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this works when most of the drivers go offline and wait for surge. Once surges it stays for at least 2 minutes.

drivindad

I think this works when most of the drivers go offline and wait for surge. Once surges it stays for at least 2 minutes.
I'm not going to sit there and @@@@en log on and off to try and get a surge, if I'm working, I'll take most jobs! I've got a few ground rules on what pings I'll accept:

Why bother trying to game the system. You could sit there for 30 min and get shit, I find on a weekend when the surge gets over 2x and starts to drop, your better off getting a coffee/drink/burger, etc and waiting til it ends. People know how it works and will wait it out, I'll get a ping in less than a minute after the surge ends...

Weekday mornings (surging) are a different vibe