• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Surge tutorial...

UberFrolic

If surge was more available during this month then yes we can easily profit but too many drivers are making surge look like the extinct animal.

If there is driver that has more than 2 months experience and you do not already know this. You are NOT smart enough to be a profitable uber driver. I learned all this myself in the first to second month.

Showa50

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a terrible strategy. You'll get deactivated within a week with that many trip cancellations.

It's way easier to just open up the passenger app, and keep it on your position. Once it's surging, you'll see the lightning bolt, and then it's time to hop online with the driver app.
Always someone that'll say this strategy is horrible and will get you deactivated without trying it. You guys live in fear of Uber.

I've been doing this for months and haven't received one note from Uber.

BmanFromThe6

I have a good guarantee strategy I just get sloppy with my hours logged on I forget some times how many hours I'm on...

UberXking

I have never used the riders app. And driving in the city for less than 1.50 mile gets you less than 10 bucks an hour. You neglected to call and find out their final destination. You should shoot for an average fair of $20 net. 60k year less gas no car costs cept oil change and car washes light bulbs and barf clean up kit.

headtheball

Do you think there are many drivers trying to work the guarantees in an area that surges most of the day?
Only speculating but remember the g game has 2 components: 1 hide to bank hours 2. max rides per hour regardless of rate to meet 1 per hour requirement.

So some g gamers could be in dtla looking for short rides. My record is 7 complete rides in a hour.

Regarding the surge game, I hate staring at a screen waiting for a surge. It is too much like work. I need an alarm to tell me when it reaches 2.0 so I can turn on the app.

Today was @@@@ed. Driving to day job there was a 3.5 surge in the rider app in westwood. Being a good capitalist, I turned on app but only could get non surge rides in the middle of the surge zone. Cancelled about 5 before giving up.

GeladaMate

I've cancelled a lot too and have not had a email or call from Uber. I usually cancel until I get a pin that mets my requirements. Surge, with in a couple of blocks, and at least 4 rating. If I'm staged at a spot I know will get me good fare I'm not moving until the rider pings and jumps into my ride.

Last edited:

UberSneak

I dropped someone off in SM today, and when there was no surge, I logged off, checked the rider app, and saw there were no cars at all in SM. I thought I was the only 1 in SM. Then the 1.5x surge started, and I was still waiting for it to go higher, but then everyone started logging on! All of a sudden there were a ton of cars, lol. So while it's great that drivers are slowly learning, I sure wish they would have waited just a little bit longer.

GeladaMate

I dropped someone off in SM today, and when there was no surge, I logged off, checked the rider app, and saw there were no cars at all in SM. I thought I was the only 1 in SM. Then the 1.5x surge started, and I was still waiting for it to go higher, but then everyone started logging on! All of a sudden there were a ton of cars, lol. So while it's great that drivers are slowly learning, I sure wish they would have waited just a little bit longer.
That is exactly why canceling until the surge rise is the better option. As long as uber gets their fee and the drivers rating is above 4.5 I doubt the Uber manager in that area cares that your cancelling. I've been at 4.9 for the last few weeks, and cancel at least 15 times per day. Here's my pay sum I rarely take rides that arn't surging like on Wednesdays.The vast majority of my riders give me 5 stars.I'm picky with what rides I take on, so I'm usually in a good mood. I have yet to received an email or call about my performance.

Attachments

Last edited:

UberFrolic

That is exactly why canceling until the surge rise is the better option. As long as uber gets their fee and the drivers rating is above 4.5 I doubt the Uber manager in that area cares that your cancelling. I've been at 4.9 for the last few weeks, and cancel at least 15 times per day. Here's my pay sum I rarely take rides that arn't surging like on Wednesdays.The vast majority of my riders give me 5 stars.I'm picky with what rides I take on, so I'm usually in a good mood. I have yet to received an email or call about my performance.

Are you plus ?