Surge suppression

Drive777

Guarantees are destroying surge. Uber's been putting out $1,000 offers every week for those willing to work morning and afternoon rush hour and late night bar crowd.

I won't do it because rates are too low ($18 - $22 / hour), you have to work 2.5 hours out of each 3 hour block, take 90% of requests and take 2 rides per hour that start in downtown / uptown. May as well be employees because that's how they're treating us.

Uberisthenewpoor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, the guarantees are ridiculous, I was not even offered them. I generally don't even do them anyway, but my screenshots are showing that there is high demand areas with no cars available that is not being surged like it normally does in the morning at those times.

Cquebe3

A
Guarantees are destroying surge. Uber's been putting out $1,000 offers every week for those willing to work morning and afternoon rush hour and late night bar crowd.

I won't do it because rates are too low ($18 - $22 / hour), you have to work 2.5 hours out of each 3 hour block, take 90% of requests and take 2 rides per hour that start in downtown / uptown. May as well be employees because that's how they're treating us.
actually they have scrapped the whole trips start in downtown thing for the last few weeks at least that's what I've been getting.

I never worry about getting surges, I'm out to make my 75-100$ a week and call it a day

uberparadise

Tired of it, it did surge downtown for, ohhhh about 2 min at 1.6 max. Unless I missed something.
When it surges now it's all bull xxit. It's only select at 1.5 and no one will pay that when they can grab an X ride for 1/3 of that price. Surge is basically extinct unless it's really going crazy.

Last edited:

financeguy13

I did weekend guarantees a few times lately but I've stopped. I can make at least the same, without any surge, as the guarantee and pick XL and those with higher ratings. Better passengers and I keep my sanity.

I feel like guarantees are like slavery or being in jail. Your hands are tied and you accept every ride. Too many drivers and may not even make 2 trips per hour.

Drive777

actually they have scrapped the whole trips start in downtown thing for the last few weeks at least that's what I've been getting.

I never worry about getting surges, I'm out to make my 75-100$ a week and call it a day
They must be sending different guarantees to different drivers then. My $1000 weekday offers show the uptown / downtown map as a requirement for picking up. Now weekend guarantees are different. Those are metroplex wide.

uberparadise

I did weekend guarantees a few times lately but I've stopped. I can make at least the same, without any surge, as the guarantee and pick XL and those with higher ratings. Better passengers and I keep my sanity.

I feel like guarantees are like slavery or being in jail. Your hands are tied and you accept every ride. Too many drivers and may not even make 2 trips per hour.
Agreed, It's to complicated and stressful. I run Lyft and Uber and trust I can make the same or more. They give the gross figures and can easily say " sorry u did not quite make it".

financeguy13

Agreed, It's to complicated and stressful. I run Lyft and Uber and trust I can make the same or more. They give the gross figures and can easily say " sorry u did not quite make it".
So far the guarantees I expected came through but always stressed that it wouldn't. After 3 months and 450 trips, I really should drive for Lyft too.

Pumpula

the "downtown" restriction on guarantees are only on the weekday ones. From what I can tell, the weekends are "open area" to the entire metroplex.. but still.. they are toooooooooo low and not worth my time worrying about IF they will get paid because of "X" reason or "Y" reason.. screw that.. no thanks