Surge rate on ping

kah5683

I thought on Uber's ping you see the surge rate??? Was in the middle of a surge that started while I was in the right spot and right time. Kept on getting ping after ping without a surge amount on it - which looked a little far away in distance and time - and cancelling. After about 10, I took one in the right direction, which again didn't have a surge on it, and it was a 1.2 when I checked after accepting (lower than what I saw originally with the surge). What's the story with surge amounts showing on the ping?

Hazmat

I thought on Uber's ping you see the surge rate??? Was in the middle of a surge that started while I was in the right spot and right time. Kept on getting ping after ping without a surge amount on it - which looked a little far away in distance and time - and cancelling. After about 10, I took one in the right direction, which again didn't have a surge on it, and it was a 1.2 when I checked after accepting (lower than what I saw originally with the surge). What's the story with surge amounts showing on the ping?

They're f*ckn with you.

kah5683

Noticed again this morning. Was in a sea of red, took the first ping, which didn't show surge on the ping, and it was at 2.0. Did they change this back to not showing surge on pings? Maybe U thinks were ignoring too many pings without surges in surge areas, so now they are hiding again until you accept

xcnco

No Surge => Cancel

Some pax pre-arrange trips. It could be 10X surge rate. Because they ordered it when it was not surging, no surge will be assessed.