Surge not showing on map after update

nethru

After the update to 4.271.10001 on Android v10 the surge no longer shows up on the map. I still get surge bonus if I'm in the area but just can't tell if I'm in the area or not.

I downgraded to 4.270.10004 and it works fine again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Schmanthony

Yes I went through this entire process myself and came to the same conclusion:

Basically 4.271.10001 is a TOTAL FAIL.

Boca Ratman

After the update to 4.271.10001 on Android v10 the surge no longer shows up on the map. I still get surge bonus if I'm in the area but just can't tell if I'm in the area or not.

How'd you get the older version?

Daisey77

Start talking buddy how did you downgrade? Talk to me!

I don't have my profile picture showing up either. IPhones work fine

Schmanthony

Start talking buddy how did you downgrade? Talk to me!

I don't have my profile picture showing up either. IPhones work fine
See previous post.

You're going to have to download the APK from a source other than the Play Store, which doesn't keep previous versions. There are lots of sources you could choose from. Just Google it. I chose Aptoide. So far I'm not disappointed.

Last edited:

Uberguyken

Used Aptoide...

Download Aptoide, search Uber driver, click on older versions, install version 10004, you may have to set install from other sources in settings of phn. And boom, be sure to turn off auto update in play store

Screenshot_20200731-170240.jpg

GraceZ

No option to downgrade? No surge anywhere anymore. Never get good offers anymore no longer how long I wait.

doyousensehumor

In order to downgrade to a older version of the app, one must delete the current version, then download the older version from a trusted source.

But you will want to go into Play Store and change the setting for auto update apps. This will prevent any app in your phone from automatically updating.

Otherwise, your phone will just upgrade your Uber app to the latest version again....

RioRoja

I'm not necessarily vouching for it, because it's the first time I ever used it myself, but I used https://en.aptoide.com/ to download and install the previous version.
This worked well. I was able to download and install the previous 0004 version via the Aptoid app on both my Samsung S9 and Pixel 2 XL and once again can see both the heat map and next ride bonus info on the bottom banner.

Disgusted Driver

Thank you! last night sucked because of this. Appreciate the info, best new member post I've seen in a while!

kans

Thanks! I had the same problem and followed the instructions above and now I am back in business. Note, the first time I tried to login I was not able to go online. I close the app and reopened again then had to allow access to camera before I was able to go online again.