Surge Multiplyer?

TaraVon

I read somewhere that drivers in the Dallas forum know a trick to switch the surge map to the surge multiplyer map on Uber for a period of time? Is this true? If so, does anyone care to elaborate further and share the trick?

— Boston Driver

I read somewhere that drivers in the Dallas forum know a trick to switch the surge map to the surge multiplyer map on Uber for a period of time? Is this true? If so, does anyone care to elaborate further and share the trick?

— Boston Driver
Fake. Probably Uber staff lol

TaraVon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
C7EFB293-591E-4667-865E-D233582A91C0.png

Nah, I’m 100% real and not an Uber Staffer. Lmfao!
Post automatically merged:

:cautious:

Asking us to betray confidences?

:cautious:
Why, is it a secret that only a select few know about? Does it even exist? lol.

That’s funny you said that, :coming from the guy with no profile picture: 😂

Ian Richard Markham

It's for real and have seen it done. There is this other dude on here though that will happily walk you through the process over private message. I don't remember who he is but there is a thread in the Dallas forum where he makes us all the offer to coach us in post #1 of the thread. The thread title is something like "Multiplier Surge" maybe from six months ago.

Just one more time for everyone. I have seen ants' pay statements that showed multiplier surge all night on a night that I also drove but got flat rate surge all night so yes this exists and thank you for checking out the Dallas forum. You are welcome here any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

NauticalWheeler

The type of info you are looking for would never, or at least SHOULD NEVER, be discussed on open forums. If you caught an inkling of something like that you should reach out to the source via pm. That does not mean me. Also, I am done speaking on this matter.

Ian Richard Markham

You need to calm down because everyone catches multiplier surge from time to time whether you want it or not. It's impossible to uncover who is getting it by accident and who is doing it on purpose.

New2This

It's for real and have seen it done. There is this other dude on here though that will happily walk you through the process over private message. I don't remember who he is but there is a thread in the Dallas forum where he makes us all the offer to coach us in post #1 of the thread. The thread title is something like "Multiplier Surge" maybe from six months ago.
IF something like this exists, the last place to discuss it is in an open forum like UPNet. Uber reads it and fixes glitches posted here.

Sir @Ian Richard Markham, son of E.T., I like you but you're way out of line posting about it. If it was shared with you in confidence I'm sure that it was with the admonition that you not share it.

The first rule of Fight Club is that there is no Fight Club.

KMANDERSON

@TaraVon I don't know who you are but this is what you have started among my professional network. I'm still going to find out everything I can for you and report back on this thread.
I’m not going call you names that not who I am but Uber watches these forum and have been know to shut loop holes down Because they are discuss here and they see it.

View attachment 400964
Nah, I’m 100% real and not an Uber Staffer. Lmfao!

Why, is it a secret that only a select few know about? Does it even exist? lol.

That’s funny you said that, :coming from the guy with no profile picture: 😂
I wasn't calling you fake but now I see how it was read lol. If you really want me to go there and be honest, then I could say that anyone can repost a profile from Uber doesn't mean it js real. Lol
I meant there are people who post random questions on here posing as drivers who are really Uber. I agree with the others don't post something in the forum because it is public knowledge and will be fixed by the "techology company".🙃😂

Last edited:

Uberyouber

Son of E.T... giggle...

Second rule of fight club. there is NO fight club... :cautious:

Yep.

— Boston Driver
Yep. It sucks. More then double in the queue compared to last year. Out of state drivers seriously need to stay in their own states and stop taking our rides!
Yea... If there was a trick not sure we would tell youuuuuu.... :cautious:

Just one more time for everyone. I have seen ants' pay statements that showed multiplier surge all night on a night that I also drove but got flat rate surge all night so yes this exists and thank you for checking out the Dallas forum. You are welcome here any time.
I was referring to the question lol. I know it can be done.

TaylorR137

The only trick I know is as a pax - don't input your destination into the app. Just hit the "enter destination later" and give the driver turn by turn directions. The driver will see the ping with the old multiplier and get paid accordingly.

hpdriver

Mehh, I know how to do it, but I end up getting screwed with short trips.

Its hard to keep it on once you get it. From what I have seen, it takes about 8-10 minutes to get that on, and I end up with a 3x surge on a 3 mile ride, which pays $12 instead of the actual +12 or +15

In short, dont worry about it, if you dont know how to get it. All that effort for 3-5 extra bucks once in a blue moon... not worth it. Just take the sticky and stick with it.

Once you get a multiplier, you lose your sticky surge, so thats another pain once you move out of the area, you might end up with a non surge ride. There are too many factors that need to line up for it to work, again not worth it.