SURGE killed the MONDAY AM business.

Harleyfxdx1

I drive Select / XL only from northern burbs. MONDAY early AM is always good for an airport run. Today it was on 3.0x surge = WTF????

Normal Select fare for the pax is $90 - $100. This morning it was over $300.
What business traveler is going to pay that fare??

A pool car was $105. A black car was $145. So in effect uber shut down the Select / XL cars & screwed the steady reliable business traveler. WTF ????

Instead of hiring the new GEO at
$200/MM to run a company that is not even close to becoming profitible ... they should consider hiring a
"Vice president of common sense"

Uberzoom

I drive Select / XL only from northern burbs. MONDAY early AM is always good for an airport run. Today it was on 3.0x surge = WTF????

A pool car was $105. A black car was $145. So in effect uber shut down the Select / XL cars & screwed the steady reliable business traveler. WTF ????

$200/MM to run a company that is not even close to becoming profitible ... they should consider hiring a

Uber folks gratifying themselves with a bonus!. But @ $300 it sure would have been good money!

MiltonalpharettA

Come on dude you got the option to go to X. At 3x the rate why you wouldn't you go to X during that time?

TheRush

because the app will not let you just run uber X , if you opt in for X you have to opt in for pool as well. Also XL pax. in my experience dont trash you car as much as X pax do. Now I am not saying it doesnt happen just that it is less likely in the XL

Harleyfxdx1

Come on dude you got the option to go to X. At 3x the rate why you wouldn't you go to X during that time?

Never going to happen. I value my time and my car too much to @@@@@ out at X rates. So Uber goes 3.0x surge to get the good steady tradition Select customer to take a Prius for the same money he is used to paying for Select.

iptaylm

Never going to happen. I value my time and my car too much to ***** out at X rates. So Uber goes 3.0x surge to get the good steady tradition Select customer to take a Prius for the same money he is used to paying for Select.
This

MiltonalpharettA

You must drive X.
Yes and proud of it! Show me your select numbers. The majority of ATL is X

I'm glad select drivers are being "selective" more fares for us common folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170917-215436.png
    Screenshot_20170917-215436.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 64

pjrxj

Yes and proud of it! Show me your select numbers. The majority of ATL is X

I'm glad select drivers are being "selective" more fares for us common folks.
I do about the same amount weekly with a lot less driving hours, miles and rides. I mentioned that you drove X based on your comment. Only an X driver will make a comment like that. Monday surge should be expected for all platforms but not that high for every Monday. In the long run it benefits non of us drivers because it will be cheaper to use a cab. Like Harleyfxdx1 has said "So in effect uber shut down the Select / XL cars & screwed the steady reliable business traveler".

MiltonalpharettA

Y
I do about the same amount weekly with a lot less driving hours, miles and rides. I mentioned that you drove X based on your comment. Only an X driver will make a comment like that. Monday surge should be expected for all platforms but not that high for every Monday. In the long run it benefits non of us drivers because it will be cheaper to use a cab. Like Harleyfxdx1 has said "So in effect uber shut down the Select / XL cars & screwed the steady reliable business traveler".
I appreciate you guys increasing my fares. Keep being selective!

I've noticed big talkers love to talk about what they make and not show what they make

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170918-160153.png
    Screenshot_20170918-160153.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 61

pjrxj

Y

I appreciate you guys increasing my fares. Keep being selective!

I've noticed big talkers love to talk about what they make and not show what they make
I've noticed big talkers love to talk %$#@ and berate other drivers and NOT help this forum at all. Nobody but you cares about other drivers showing what they make. What I make only matters to me...proof is not needed.

Harleyfxdx1

It used to be that surge occurred by platform. Used to work Verizon concerts with surge on XL and Select. Would always watch the pax app to see which platform had the higher surge. Sometimes it was Select other times it was XL. I would always shut off the lower surge app and take requests from the higher surge. It worked very well.

It also makes sense. Surge is supply and demand not customer ripoff. If there is a shortage of X cars, then surge the X platform, and leave the other platforms alone (As they did with black car on Monday).

On Monday AM there were several select cars in the area, the supply was good, however there was no demand because the fare was over $300.

So in effect uber screwed the rider by making him take an X car for $100. When his normal select fare would be $100.

Makes no sense. The problem is that the past year or so, all platforms surge at the same rate