Surge Issue

Tombstone

Did anyone else have a surge issue at the cancelled concert on Friday night the 15th of July. The concert was cancelled and the map was surging like it always does after a concert, showing 4x the fare. However, when the acceptance came up it didn't show a surge. I cancelled and declined a bunch of the trips because they were in the middle of the surge but not going through. This was in Virginia beach.

Anyways, I contacted uber and the 1st response was the tech were working on it and they were aware of an issue. Then nothing for 2 days. Now I get another representative giving me a generic response trying to tell me how surges work..B1tch please, I've been doing this for sometime now. I know how the fn surge works. Just trying to see if anyone else had issues during the cancelled concert on Friday night.

D in VA Bch

So I contacted support for a completely unrelated issue. They sent back a lengthy response to this issue. Basically, they know the heat map is inaccurate. The last line reads, "We'll do our best to make you aware of when and where surge is likely to be happening, but we can never predict it 100%." Um, I thought THEY SET the surge prices. I have noticed that the Uber rider app updates surge pricing much quicker than the partner app. But as always, its completely worthless information. You basically can only get surge fares during overlays. If I'm in a hot area, I know for a fact that I am either sitting for a while (until the surge goes away), or going on a long drive for my next non-surge fare.

Did anyone else have a surge issue at the cancelled concert on Friday night the 15th of July. The concert was cancelled and the map was surging like it always does after a concert, showing 4x the fare. However, when the acceptance came up it didn't show a surge. I cancelled and declined a bunch of the trips because they were in the middle of the surge but not going through. This was in Virginia beach.

Anyways, I contacted uber and the 1st response was the tech were working on it and they were aware of an issue. Then nothing for 2 days. Now I get another representative giving me a generic response trying to tell me how surges work..B1tch please, I've been doing this for sometime now. I know how the fn surge works. Just trying to see if anyone else had issues during the cancelled concert on Friday night.
Hi I'm in Virginia Beach too and I don't recall having any issues about this but I will tell you hero Virginia Beach over 4th of July weekend when they had all those High surge rates on up to 4.5 over most of Virginia Beach at bar closing time when the Uber systems were down for such a long time and then after they came back up I had my last two rides on a very high surge rate which of course they had to go back in and just yet they insisted there was no surge in my pickup area which was complete b******* and I never got paid for those surges despite how hard I fight with them over that. I definitely kept getting repeated customer support responses with generic and answers not even relating to my issue before I finally got somebody that flat-out tried to tell me that there was no surges and then I went round and round with them about that as well