1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Surge is a disaster to Sel and XL.

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by imsam, May 18, 2018.

1. imsam

imsam

When it's surging if it's 1.5x and up, basically there's no sense to request a Sel or XL since Black and SUV prices become lower than those two. Surge literally deletes those two platforms. It's ridiculous why the surge is built this way.

The surge pretty much guarantees the Sel/XL pax to Black and SUV, the already top earners.

It's depressing knowing this.

2. dmoney155

dmoney155

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I'm with ya brother, Black/SUV should surge as well.

Santa, gbaby and Lolinator like this.
  3. Lolinator

Lolinator

Demand and supply

More than half of people are not awake going to work

They not going to care

4. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    They do....just on a different surge grouping.

Back in the day select was on a different group for surge and I used to order that instead of a surged X of over 2.0.

It's all about getting good value.

5. dmoney155

dmoney155

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Ah okies, I see.. yeah,when I see a select for $30, and then black suv for $27, or course I would pick a spacious gmc yukon with a pro driver over a lancer with an amateur.

6. Harry70

Harry70

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Never seen black surging.

7. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I have....look at Halloween or when the surge goes to 3X on X like a snowstorm. You will find Black surge but at a different and lower rate. Used to happen more in the days when we used to get surges on a Friday and Saturday night. Now it's a lot less frequent but for sure they surged and still do on occasion.

8. Toronto

Toronto

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Find real black car with Lyft uber is a joke.

9. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Coming from a guy who is not a UberSelect car.

10. Toronto

Toronto

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You mean not real uber select? Chevy Volt specially with it’s size definitely is not a select ride ;) who cares about your tiny tiny ride that riders keep bumping their head to the roof. Just check out Lyft Lux and premier list:
    39F57AAF-EF69-4B99-B635-BE8DFD9678F8.jpeg 18934EEF-4447-4FF9-AAF8-B722E403CB15.jpeg

Lolinator likes this.
  11. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I think we are talking about your car not mine. And you assume this is my only vehicle.

12. Lolinator

Lolinator

what cars u drive

13. Toronto

Toronto

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Don’t worry if you see my car you will go silent forever on this forum. It’s equal size of 4 volt!
    And 100 times more luxury than your short roof voltage ;) It seems you like humiliation!

Lolinator likes this.
  14. Uber did this same crap in the ATL market. Select no longer surges with X after relentless complaints from Select drivers. I suggest you do the same in your market.

15. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    A Ford Focus? Ok if you say so. That’s what you were driving.

Lolinator likes this.
  16. clearport

clearport

I remember those days like yesterday. Never would except select calls from those trying to play the system. I use to scream “homey don’t play datttt” and take my UberX at 2.8’s and above instead.

Actionjax likes this.
  17. Toronto

Toronto

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That was sold a year and half ago and was Ford Fusion black with leather having select category ;). Since then I changed 2 vehicles. Trust me if you see my car you are going to get heart attack! When and where? Air Canada Center today? I will call an ambulance ahead so you could survive in the case of heart attack:))

18. dmoney155

dmoney155

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Why won't you just say what it is, possibly post a pic, instead of all the drama?

Actionjax likes this.
  19. Toronto

Toronto

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Privacy reason I can’t post it here.

Lolinator likes this.
  20. MUGATS

MUGATS Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    You're hardly giving away your ID by saying the make/model of the car you drive.

Actionjax likes this.