Uber Drivers Forum banner

Surge guarantee not working

2K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Western Warrior 
#1 ·
My app tells me I have patinum surge guarantee for me today but there's no outline of the core on the map and I just received my first ride at 7:14am with no surge.

Are any of you guys experiencing this?

I also never received a text saying "another week of guarantees" which usually always comes through Sunday evening.

#15 ·
it Looks like I'm not driving today. I don't usually drive on mondays anyway but was thinking about driving later depending on 4th of july incentive boost for Gold. I didn't get any texts, email or notificiations that the promotions will continue and there is nothing showing up on my phone except some uber eats promo. They owe me a boost on about 10 rides from last week and have heard nothing. On those rides I at least have snapshot evidence that I was under a guarantee. not going to risk driving without some sort of proof of incentive guarantee.

#23 ·
I don't imagine today will be a big day for LAX. Most people are where they are going to be. You may get some from the Convention center area hotels, but even many of the Anime fest people (at least the ones I talked to) planned on staying in town for the 4th.

#24 ·
My notifications show nothing, but then again they never do. I have to make my own boost, every day, every week month after month.

Ubering used to be a challenge along with a skill set. Now Uber has removed this intrigue. Now all it takes is 45-75 rides a week and to log on at given times. Now if you don't get the guarantee boost showing your dumbfoubded. Soon enough the silver spoon will be gone and it will go back to knowing where to be and when to be there.

#31 ·
I was kinda thinking the same thing. LA general Manager was probably told to cull the herd but knows if he pulls the plug on incentives for everyone at same time all hell is going to break loose again. Attrition through driver frustration is a better strategy.

In other news. Looks like we are getting some good old fashion Surge today. Later tonight after fireworks certain areas will be lit up. I'm still not driving even with big surge. i decided to drink today instead of chasing surge. Let XUberMike and other surge hunters have their day in the sun later. I'm might have to join them next week if my "incentives" have run their course.

#37 ·
Went there two weeks ago,after 25 back and forth emails didn't do a shit ,was told don't worry they are well aware off the problem and will fix it for me.Nothing changed.
No boost applied trips are pilling up , so far I have 35 of those ,with well over $400
This incompetence is staggering. They decided to hold over last week's incentives for an extra day but they don't have the nous to work it out with the app. What a bunch of muppets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.