1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Surge goes from 7× to gone instantly

Discussion in 'Surge' started by Indy Driver, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    New jersy state is testing these cars, and they require a driver to seat behind the wheel at all times to take over the controls in the event of a technology failure or emergency

2. renbutler

renbutler Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Right, just like with airplanes, taking 95% of the control out of human hands is the easy part. It's that last 5% that will take some leaps of technology and faith.

3. IndyUber86

IndyUber86 New Member

Yes. that has happened to me multiple times. It happened during Halloween this year. Not sure why?

4. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You said Halloween, it may be regular map with surge Halloween mask.

5. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

But with $75,000 plus in training, testing and licensing behind him/her. Not to mention the 1500 plus hours required to be a "fail-safe." :)

Most commercial flying is not done in an aircraft with an autopilot exotic enough to remove the pilot.

6. renbutler

renbutler Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uh, yeah, read post #42.

7. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Not too many people are willing to pay 7 times the usual price for a good or service unless there is a real good reason. Particularly if they can wait.

I guess this Tuesday the price of candy and roses will surge, but guys figuring out how to postpone meeting their gal for Valentines Day until the 15th because they had to "work late" or some other reason will gt bargains.

It only makes sense that massive increases in price would be very transient.

Shangsta likes this.