1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Surge for ÜberSELECT.

Discussion in 'Surge' started by I Drive Select, Oct 26, 2016.

?

Have you ever gotten Surge for ÜberSELECT?

This poll will close on Oct 26, 2017 at 12:48 AM.
  1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I Drive Select

I Drive Select Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've seen surge rates for X that pay more than my Select rates, but I've never seen Surge for Select; not here in the Las Vegas/Henderson/Summerlin areas anyway.

Wherever you Über...

2. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've taken a few select surge rides in Denver. They're rare but they happen
    There is an area in Denver that surges on select to 3X every morning but you'll never get a ride lol since X and Black aren't surging only select and select rides are more then Uber Black suv. I have no idea why it surges at the same time almost every morning but it does.

A few of my select surge rides were pretty hilarious. Once I picked up two college girls going 5 blocks on a 3.7x select surge.

Another time I picked up two guys by a stadium who wrote drinking in the back of their 80s Ford f150 and took them 5 miles on a 2.7X select surge.

My best one to date was during a snow storm picked up a college girl at the dorms in Dt Denver and took her 1.5 miles to the greyhound bus station. Pay out for me $37 for an 8 min drive

I Drive Select likes this.
  3. I Drive Select

I Drive Select Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Well, you know, gotta arrive at the bus depot in style.

SuperMike likes this.
  4. Shad

Shad Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Select rarely surges here in SLC. I don't mind however because the rate is 3X base X rate. I've had a couple instances where people took Select because it wasn't surging and X was at 4x or higher. They've learned the trick.. But there aren't too many of those. My highest paid trip ever was a 1.4 surge on Select, and it was a 34 mile ride. Another time, I had a guy request me from a bar downtown. He got in and was bragging that his girlfriend had just requested a ride at 6.5 surge, but he got me for only 2.5.. You should have seen his face when I explained to him that he requested a Select that the fare was normally 3X regular X. He was going to probably pay more than his GF. He was devastated to find out he wasn't as smart as he thought.

5. I Drive Select

I Drive Select Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Thanks for the response. I'll keep an eye out for this unicorn going forward.

Are you able to stay pretty consistent with Select in Denver?

What do you drive for Select in Denver?

6. I Drive Select

I Drive Select Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    What is the base rate per mile for Select your area of UT?!

7. Shad

Shad Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    There was an errant dollar sign in my post.. Sorry. UberX base fare is $0.95 per mile.. Select is $3.00 per mile. On that particular trip, I earned $125 and change after the Uber fee..

8. I Drive Select

I Drive Select Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Oh, wow, I was about to move to UT! Lol It'seems about the same here in Vegas. Very nice fare.

9. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    In Denver Select is a base fare of $4, $2 mile and. 25 cent a minute 10.95 min fare

I mainly drive my 2015 passat sel but I also have a 2012 Lincoln mkz hybrid car and 2007 bmw 335xi msport which I almost never drive.

Its pretty busy some days it's non existent. I will wait out long select rides (our airport is 30 miles out of the city) which are easy but the markets loose select requirements have select pretty saturated.
    Today I've worked 8 hours made $240 I'd consider this a below avg day since usually I try to make 200 in under 5 hours but Wednesdays are typically slow. Yesterday I worked 2 hours took 2 select rides and made 110
    4 select rides
    2 X rides
    2 lyft rides

I will run lyft while leaving select on most lyft rides are short ones in the city but at least I can make a couple extra bucks while waiting out the select rides

I Drive Select likes this.
  10. naptownlux

naptownlux New Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I had a 3.6x Select in Indianapolis last weekend when the Big Ten Championship was here. That's by far the highest select surge, I've gotten a 2.9x LUX that ended up being the highest single fare I've ever had (~$325 after uber's cut) I don't think I'll ever get that lucky again.

I get 1.2x-1.8x Selects maybe once or twice a weekend. There's a small area in our downtown that will regularly start requesting Selects as soon as X is above 3x or so. Rare as they may be, they exist!

11. UberMensch2015

UberMensch2015 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    once had a great 2.2x Select surge to the airport and then a return (same pax, he had to give his wife something she forgot at home. 50 miles and i ended up back where i started near downtown. that was my best ever. Select rarely surges anymore though, not even at bar close.

12. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  13. wiley21

wiley21 Member

I've not seen a difference in surge between x and select. When I am in select and x mode, the surge is the same.

14. Schuber

Schuber Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    they are rare but NYE 2015, i had a 5.2 Surge on Select, which the ride was about $136, not bad

15. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If you're on both X/Select, you will see the X surge. Go to your Select-Only profile, and see no surge.

16. wiley21

wiley21 Member

That's not true. When I alternate back and forth...same surge.

17. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Then you're in a good market!

18. wiley21

wiley21 Member

Its all relative.
    Busy market? - yes.
    Consistent surges? - yes.
    One of the lowest base rates in country (.65)? - yes

19. john2g1

john2g1 Well-Known Member

I'm noticing that for a lot of you guys there's a separate surge for each market. Here in Atlanta POOL X XL and SELECT are all part of the same surge. Black and SUV have their surge linked.

I think this is the best option as I would've completed many many SELECT rides during high surges. Instead my neighborhoods that always choose SELECT opt to choose Black because my car is more expensive than even an SUV under surge (price per min plus Atlanta traffic is a mother).

But not to get off post my best to date is 4.7 surge SELECT in Atlanta during the Super Bowl. 10 miles $135ish.

20. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah in Denver X and XL surge the same . Select is it's own and then black and black SUV surge the same

I see the most select rides when UberX surge hits around 1.7 (at 2.1 over minimum fare is about the same as select) once it hits 1.7 you'll get uberx riders upgrading to select .

It's annoying when select surges by itself ,I've never gotten a ride when this happens people either call a black or downgrade to X during a select only surge