1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Surge Finder

Discussion in 'Surge' started by SoBeUBER, Mar 30, 2015.

1. SoBeUBER

SoBeUBER Well-Known Member

Ok...lots of drivers on this board....are there any programmers that could build an app that monitored surge?

CoolAnt likes this.
  2. fork2323

fork2323 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, it's called the Uber driver ap. you turn it on and it shows you all the areas that are surging and even the rates in each area. it's a free ap too!

SurgeWarrior, cakoo10, Tese and 14 others like this.
  3. Casuale Haberdasher

Casuale Haberdasher Well-Known Member

POST # 1 /SoBeUBERSoBeUBER :Your question is
    Nonsensically
    Vague. Are you "asking for a friend"?

SurgeWarrior, zMann and UberTaxPro like this.
  4. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have wondered that. Also one that tracks over time and could put out the projected surge (or not) at any given time and area.

We all know certain times it will surge like after 2am when bars close but having the info for 24 hrs per day 7 days per week would be awesome and interesting.

5. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There's an app already for that using the new Uber APIs, check technology section

6. Janet Kirkpatrick

Janet Kirkpatrick New Member

If you are in new(to uber), how d o open new bus
    Customers(riders).
    Who are prospects.

zMann and UberTaxPro like this.
  7. Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    how zMann and ubertaxpro like that?
    I can't even understand what she's trying to say,esp in regards to the topic

Rube740 and SoBeUBER like this.
  8. Janet Kirkpatrick

Janet Kirkpatrick New Member

How do you find riders in a newly opened territory?

9. ReviTULize

ReviTULize Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You don't find riders. They ping you with the app

10. SoBeUBER

Thanx bart...gonna look for it now...also wtf happened to my thread :p. Lol...

11. SoBeUBER

So Bart McCoyBart McCoy are you talking about surgeprotector or nosurge?? If so, they're both kinda pointless, easier to use the rider app...what I'm looking for is an app that you can enter in the minimum surge price you are willing to accept a trip for that will send a notification when surge hits say 1.5 or 1.7 or what ever you set it for....using the partner app is not good for thi b/c it hurts acceptance rate, and using the rider app is a bit of a pain in the ass...my area only has uber x, but I drive a car with a v8, so it only makes sense for me to drive at 1.5 or higher...driving at 1.0 is not only barely breaking even, also somewhat demoralizing...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  12. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I confess I have no idea what an API is. Will go search...

13. Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    somebody created an app that would let you know when/where/how much surges were when they happened without opening the driver or rider app (using new Uber API's)
    i read it on here however i cant find it anymore by searching, will bump this post when I find it again

however it was only available for like 3 areas so far
    would be very helpful for people in the under $1/markets who are only playing the surge game these days

14. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    API = Application Programming Interface... it's a program that acts as an interface, allowing one program to access the data from a remote source. Your email reading program (in a sense) uses an API to collect the data from your email service (source) and then the reader can display that data.

15. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It already exists - and it's great.
    It's meant for riders so they can avoid surges - but it's perfect for drivers who want to monitor surges.
    Search your app store for "NOSURGE" and download the app.
    Or, you can run it in a browser window: http://nosurge.me

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    OCCalderon and FUberX like this.
  16. Jobiwankanobi

Jobiwankanobi New Member

"No surge" does not do what the original poster was asking and i cant stand it when people say "theres already an app for that" and dont say what it is.
    Im a developer and have signed up for access to their API. Ive been frustrated by the lack of a tool that provides predictive or even historical surge data. There are tools that say the do this, but they dont.
    If I did this it wouldnt be free. i dont work for free, and i dislike programming now which is why i drive. But a tool like this is needed by myself and the driver community.
    I would probably do it for ios since im an ios developer and maybe with a daily email as an option, or web graphs and maps.

TROUBLEHVH, Sean247 and NinjaCasper like this.
  17. Koffee

Koffee Member

I mainly do the research myself and make notes. I always have the driver app on, of course while driving :) but also when I'm home I always have the app on my tablet and keep an eye on it. Most of the surges are common daily and in the same areas so its pretty easy to position yourself for some surge driving.

The app we need would not be too useful for a few weeks/months as it would need to gather data, I don't think we could go back and see whats on Uber servers. The app would just need to 1.Open app if needed 2. Zoom out to full city/area 3. Take a screenshot. Repeat every 30secs or 1min. Take the screen shots and convert to a movie and then run the tape.

Koffee

Tese and thesatanicmechanic like this.
  18. Jobiwankanobi

Jobiwankanobi New Member

Thanks for ideas. yes I think historical is key. as soon as i get api access im gonna start collecting data. i doubt i can get surge data going backwards.
    I like the movie idea. that might be one good way to present the data.
    I was also thinking a time vs surge graph when youbwant to narrow down on a region.

19. ShawnsUber

ShawnsUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Umm, for IOS two programs I have found are good are "Surge" and "SurgeChaser".

Surge is still good but Uber sent lawyers after them and made the pull their trending and multipoint realtime data out of the app. However, it is still a great tool for single point surge tracking in the background. Same guy makes an app for tracking PrimeTime on Lyft and still has ALL the trending data.

It wakes me up when I'm asleep and my Surge threshold gets hit. I let it run in the background and it tracks surge realtime while I'm on a trip so I know if I should go offline or not before ending this trip.

Good stuff

Tese and NinjaCasper like this.
  20. me2

me2 Active Member

I don't like it because it only shows my area not the greater area around me