surge display on map dropping out?

uberdoobie_uberdoobie

Anyone else having this problem last day or so?
The surge price area (red) displays for about one or two cycles (updates) then disappears completely even though it's still surging on the rider app..

I can relaunch the app and it displays ok again for a cycle or so then surge disappears completely again (but it really is still surging)?
anyone else?
I now re-installed app and the surge pricing isnt showing at all??
there's some banter on the New York thread that Uber is toying with the surge displays?
curious if anyone else noticing the surge area drop-outs?

(Of course, the pings still show if price surge is applicable, just not the driver app map)

Damo66

I noticed last night that my app wasn't always displaying surge correctly. A couple of times the pax app was showing surge but it wasn't appearing on my driver app. It seemed to correct itself after rebooting the app, but I was having problems with the app in general last night, for about 30 mins it wouldn't connect to the server.

uberdoobie_uberdoobie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
update... android fone still wasn't showing surge price so borrowed another brand android on different OS version ..same problem with no surge pricing and no surge legend icon on the driver app ... basically 'surge function' had been decommissioned
consulted my guru Uber techo ... all fixed now, up and running again... works a treat .. thanx mega, Petro...nailing those 'red zones' again.... and boo to the Ubertechnocrats, a weak trick....

Instyle

Been happening for a while now, seems to drop out sporadically even the surge indicator key goes. I've noticed after zooming in to view the current multiplier for a certain area, once you press the centre button to pull the map back to where you are located all surge on the map disappears for a while or until app restart.

UberSyd

Been happening for a while now, seems to drop out sporadically even the surge indicator key goes. I've noticed after zooming in to view the current multiplier for a certain area, once you press the centre button to pull the map back to where you are located all surge on the map disappears for a while or until app restart.
the surge indicator is always on a lot and no surge on the map... does this man there is a surge somewhere but not showing on the map or that the indicator is on and there is no surge... i guess its hard to know without using the rider app and checking everywhere

NickyBoy

I sit at home with the m.uber page on the pc to watch for surges.. but it hasn't been working properly for the last 3 days.. maps come up but no cars or uber buttons...