Surge Baby Surge

UberDriverAU

Anyone else get ridiculously good amounts of surge fares tonight? I must have had something like 10-15 of em! What a great night to get drawn towards Freo!

Potsy

Anyone else get ridiculously good amounts of surge fares tonight? I must have had something like 10-15 of em! What a great night to get drawn towards Freo!
Yeah, this hasn't happened to me before in the last two years.
Maybe your right and driver's are dropping out since 04Jul.

lui6155

Do you imagine they were exclusive to you only ? Stupid question Duh !
Yes don't be so snappy HD as it may be coincidence (or uber's algorithms ) but have noticed on a few occasions that I am also drawn to the same area (Freo I don't like as tiny jobs, despite the surges)
Last night it was time and time again in Karrinyup/Carine/Cottesloe. Good coin!
The week before time and again twas Wembley Downs and suspect its the Uber algorithm ie pickups in city or Sth Perth back to WD etc.
My gut feel is that if u have visited an area that day or prior day the algorithim gives u some sort of priority for the job as it assumes u are knowledgeable in that area. Cant be coincidence otherwise I would have won lotto.

HumungousDill

Yes don't be so snappy HD as it may be coincidence (or uber's algorithms ) but have noticed on a few occasions that I am also drawn to the same area (Freo I don't like as tiny jobs, despite the surges)
The week before time and again twas Wembley Downs and suspect its the Uber algorithm ie pickups in city or Sth Perth back to WD etc.
My gut feel is that if u have visited an area that day or prior day the algorithim gives u some sort of priority for the job as it assumes u are knowledgeable in that area. Cant be coincidence otherwise I would have won lotto.
Not being snappy, just giving some of his own medicine back to him. Maybe you didn't see his unhelpful reply to my post asking if anyone else had the problem setting their destination in the thread "We can pick destination now!"

Last edited:

HumungousDill

I think you're possibly over-thinking it Lui , IMHO its just coincidence and luck being in the right place (high demand) at the right time. That'a my take on it anyway.

Last edited:

UbeRay

I do agree with Lui that at times after you have been to a location you are drawn back there on the same day.

UberDriverAU

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not being snappy, just giving some of his own medicine back to him. Maybe you didn't see his unhelpful reply to my post asking if anyone else had the problem setting their destination in the thread "We can pick destination now!"
That's about as helpful as anyone can be atm, seeing as the feature isn't available in Perth. It's simply poor quality control by Uber that we're seeing functionality that's related to a feature we can't even use.
The pattern I've noticed is you can get stuck in an area if there's a high enough demand to supply ratio. A lot of drivers always head back to the same old places (Northbridge, City, Freo, etc.) and you can actually get better results waiting for a few minutes in some of the outer suburbs rather than storming off to a "hotspot" trying to get a "golden fare". Saturday night was unlike any other that I've seen in Perth. All surge fares (except for two) for about six hours straight is an unprecedented run for surge for me, and I've never seen it hang around for so long before.