Surge at DTW

NoVaDJ61

Hey guys/gals,

Be mindful of your fares at DTW when there is a supposed surge. Twice last night there was a 1.8-2x surge at the airport and I was one of two cars in the que. Yet, when I got the ping, there was no multiplier and thereby no surge included in my fare. I contacted Uber and they gave me the same condescending BS they alway give when you write in to them about anything, claiming there was not a surge and that the screen just showed that to entice drivers to come to the airport. I could not believe they admitted that, but they did.

I am already pissed because you guys make 40cents/mile less than we made in DC to drive in snow and ice and deal with incredibly stupid pax at the airport. Then Uber wants to scam us into working areas???? Time for me to honor my new years resolution and get the Hell away from Uber.

Uberdude1021

Hey guys/gals,

Be mindful of your fares at DTW when there is a supposed surge. Twice last night there was a 1.8-2x surge at the airport and I was one of two cars in the que. Yet, when I got the ping, there was no multiplier and thereby no surge included in my fare. I contacted Uber and they gave me the same condescending BS they alway give when you write in to them about anything, claiming there was not a surge and that the screen just showed that to entice drivers to come to the airport. I could not believe they admitted that, but they did.

I am already pissed because you guys make 40cents/mile less than we made in DC to drive in snow and ice and deal with incredibly stupid pax at the airport. Then Uber wants to scam us into working areas???? Time for me to honor my new years resolution and get the Hell away from Uber.
Wow they admitted It? Doesn't that strike them as illegal in some way? They are gonna be @@@@ed when every good driver they have is gone.