Surge at DFW

XD9

In the last 4.5 months, I've never seen a surge IN the airport.?. Today there is, and all they are sending me is X. Surely there are families that need and will pay for an XL ride.?.

Attachments

hypedave

I had a few XL surges out of DFW around 7pm. Unbelievable how empty lot A was today. I really didnt plan on doing the airport myself. I dropped off a relative and could not resist the 5min wait times I picked up.

Beachi53

I picked up today at the airport, was showing surge between 3.7 and 4.5, I picked up right in the middle of the red, and I did not get the surge premium! What the heck?! With all the fireworks and festivities in the surrounding areas of Grapevine, Coppell, Flower Mound, Las Colinas, I'm sure that's why pretty much the airport stayed in surge mode until I went off line at 1am, BUT. I didn't get my surge. How could that happen?

Britishpilot

I picked up today at the airport, was showing surge between 3.7 and 4.5, I picked up right in the middle of the red, and I did not get the surge premium! What the heck?! With all the fireworks and festivities in the surrounding areas of Grapevine, Coppell, Flower Mound, Las Colinas, I'm sure that's why pretty much the airport stayed in surge mode until I went off line at 1am, BUT. I didn't get my surge. How could that happen?
The airport surge was xl only. Always check using the passenger app it shows what is surging. There are fake airport surges all the time. This was an actual surge however it was xl only. Was this planned or a mistake who knows.

Beachi53

Nice Fare! I have an XL vehicle, wondering if it was a fake surge when I picked up. I wasn't even intending to pick up in the airport, i was getting airport pings in downtown Grapevine, believe it or not. I just checked the app for S&G and it's showing a surge right now in the airport, too.

Goom

Uber'S fake surges typically surges for Select or Black....which no one would order since X is non-surge cheap. It's a way for Uber to CYA why the map shows surge... so they can say "See... Select was surging so we're rightly justified to paint the screen red.

Twice this past week I've had Lyft riders tell me that Uber airport riders are having a tough time finding drivers. One tried Uber first & then switched to Lyft after gettng no response. I explained Uber's fake surge and then he understood. JUST SAY NO TO DFW!!!

Last edited:

Goom

Twice this past week I've had Lyft riders tell me that Uber airport riders are having a tough time finding drivers. One tried Uber first & then switched to Lyft after gettng no response. I explained Uber's fake surge and then he understood. JUST SAY NO TO DFW!!!
Agree. If I see any kind of surge around the airport, I'm not picking up even if I have a dropoff. I'll switch to Lyft and grab one there instead.

Britishpilot

Very nice! I haven't gotten an email about acceptance rate in a couple months. Airport is worth holding out for an XL ride if surge is that high.
Agreed, pitty I only got one. Any lyft drivers get lyft plus?. I suspect people tried anything else other than xl at that surge price. I am happy one did.

tnkvick

Why they surge xl is to get the x,xl vehical to show up. .then hammer you with x request. I turned down about 20 x request finally got a xl at 1.5..although it was 3x when I got there.

BS uber just surge them all because WE ALL KNOW the demand is there