Surge affecting my rating

lebrasee007

The last few weeks. It's been surging a lot more than normal, which has affected my rating,, riders become pretty much pissed off, and give me a poor rating, have other drivers had the same problem?

Spursman

Yep WTF is going on? On the sunny coast it seems that the surges are completely random during the day (I don't do nights). Checking the rider app it's clear that it's not as a result of ride requests as there are lots of cars showing as available (unless they are ghost cars but thats a whole different story). Not affecting my rating as not getting rides.The punters know the surge won't last for long. Uber being greedy maybe.

lebrasee007

Yep WTF is going on? On the sunny coast it seems that the surges are completely random during the day (I don't do nights). Checking the rider app it's clear that it's not as a result of ride requests as there are lots of cars showing as available (unless they are ghost cars but thats a whole different story). Not affecting my rating as not getting rides.The punters know the surge won't last for long. Uber being greedy maybe.
Your not wrong there

bullti

The cars on the rider app are not real time uber drivers. They are basically a screensaver. Yeah, misleading - shock me uber.

They do not exist.