Sure...just jump on in with your infant!

DylanSam

I know there was just a thread about this but I had this happen Saturday. Pull up to this hotel to pick up passenger. She is standing there with an infant that couldn't have been more than a few months old in one of those slings that hang around your neck. She just opens the door and starts to get in. I stopped her right away and asked if she had car seat. No. I refused and she was ok with it.

Just boggles my mind. I guess I'm not familiar with laws in other countries. Are they allowed to just ride around holding their babies like back in the day?!?!?

bpm45

Last evening I was headed home with DF on. I got a ping not far away so I accepted it. As i arrived at the pickup location, there were 3 adults and 4 children (clearly none over 12). One of the women started to urge the kids towards the car and one reached for the door handle. Without unlocking the car doors, I rolled down my window and told them that car seats are needed for children under 12 and I don't have any, besides, I can only take as many riders as I have seat belts. The male said, "Don't worry, we don't care about seat belts. We're not going far and we can all squeeze in.". I replied, "not in my car." and drove off to his cursing in my wake. WTF is it with these people?

DylanSam

Last evening I was headed home with DF on. I got a ping not far away so I accepted it. As i arrived at the pickup location, there were 3 adults and 4 children (clearly none over 12). One of the women started to urge the kids towards the car and one reached for the door handle. Without unlocking the car doors, I rolled down my window and told them that car seats are needed for children under 12 and I don't have any, besides, I can only take as many riders as I have seat belts. The male said, "Don't worry, we don't care about seat belts. We're not going far and we can all squeeze in.". I replied, "not in my car." and drove off to his cursing in my wake. WTF is it with these people?

Had something similar on Saturday too. They ordered regular Lyft. I show up and it's 2 adults, 2 children, an infant, and a stroller. In what world will all that fit in a Lyft or X ride. I went ahead and did because I have an XL vehicle and it was legal. Went back to request a rating change but saw they tipped my so I called it even. Not even bothering with it.